Stock Markets down today.........

It is unfortunate because a market has been created that many people profess to understand but few people do. It's rather like the Hans Christian Andersen fable of the King and the best suit.:)

True in some ways but in the end I think markets are markets. CDS, widgets or shares. A lot of people understand derivatives markets but as with shares plenty of people playing don't. Hence the opportunity. No different in my mind than internet stocks 5-6 years ago.

So, what do you guys think of the Dow and the Footsie this week. Volatility and who knows which way it will end up.

Ok i was a little early, but the information is in the public domain for all to see.

Clue..................one of the worlds major players once said something along the lines of :

"I always sell before the peak, that way i never loose"

Another player also probably said that if you predict disaster for long enough eventually you will right!

looks like we have a correct forecast.

All we need now is a when to buy that is not just - it went down, it will go up.

Not so fast chaps.....Dow Jones, S&P, Nasdaq & Russell 2000 ALL UP on the week. Guess they got wind of wheels rolling back into markets he he he - tentatively mind. You get paid for the risk otherwise might aswell stick to bank accounts - if you trust they're solvent he he he Are you rolling your forecast into next week?

Anyway, I'm sure there will be chances to get back in, possibly at cheaper prices, that's as important as getting out! It is just as painfull to sit on your hands when the train starts to pull out of the station.....pain! If the w/ends quiet they could rise faster than you think which then puts you in position of either buying back at same Or higher price and you're still goin' on about a fall! Then you'll panic buy and you know what will happen then...about October! Think you should be looking and see some of the big discounts on offer and think medium-long term and sell in short term :dontknow:

wheels

PS I haven't the neck to make these forecasts on here, good on you Alice.R

PPS Re: "I always sell before the peak, that way i never loose" - I think everyone says that when they call it it right! Sam Zell said something along those lines recently.

Unfortunately derivatives which were originally used to hedge, have for a long time, been used as position taking instruments, in turn they have a significant impact on the markets and upon companies trading them.

But, hey it makes a living for a lot of people.:D

Read todays Daily Telegraph. "Hedge Fund Panic Was Behind Market Collapse". "Everyone Hiked Margin Calls".

Oh dear Oh dear;)

Back