New Website Launch - everyone's feedback please!

Pic at the top is a bit too passport-like. Get something with a bit of an angle. Would look better me thinks.

Also can you get rid of the .eu and change it for .com?

A nice update Sean.

The details being discussed are all good feedback and will help. Another is the Testimonials page...it would be better to emphasise the contributor details so the visitor can easily skip to the next testimonial; especially as they are in the main too long for the average visitor.

Hopefully the solution provider provides you with visit stats and you can analyse the behavioral patterns of your visitors. It is surprising to most site owners that an average page visit is 6 secs so you need to focus on content that will make the visitor stop and read. For example on the Testimonial page I would go for punchier short quotes with either a detail page or a jump to detail lower on same page nav.

Also video is becoming more and more important. Some videos like your day at SS in the 964 where you pass several more modern Porsche kit really shows what your USP is.

Get the videos hosted on a site where you can control the presentation. Vimeo is an example of how it can be better than YouTube which ultimately wants to pull viewers away from your site to theirs.

Also fast starting videos are very important. Even if its a voiceover. A self starting video/voiceover in the first 6 secs will keep a visitor more than them reading the text. People interact with people and will listen/watch more readily than read. You can say more in 10 seconds than someone can read in the same 10 seconds.

Any video hosting/conversion to Flash I can help you with. Doing some now for a new project.

A nice update Sean.

The details being discussed are all good feedback and will help. Another is the Testimonials page...it would be better to emphasise the contributor details so the visitor can easily skip to the next testimonial; especially as they are in the main too long for the average visitor.

Hopefully the solution provider provides you with visit stats and you can analyse the behavioral patterns of your visitors. It is surprising to most site owners that an average page visit is 6 secs so you need to focus on content that will make the visitor stop and read. For example on the Testimonial page I would go for punchier short quotes with either a detail page or a jump to detail lower on same page nav.

Also video is becoming more and more important. Some videos like your day at SS in the 964 where you pass several more modern Porsche kit really shows what your USP is.

Get the videos hosted on a site where you can control the presentation. Vimeo is an example of how it can be better than YouTube which ultimately wants to pull viewers away from your site to theirs.

Also fast starting videos are very important. Even if its a voiceover. A self starting video/voiceover in the first 6 secs will keep a visitor more than them reading the text. People interact with people and will listen/watch more readily than read. You can say more in 10 seconds than someone can read in the same 10 seconds.

Any video hosting/conversion to Flash I can help you with. Doing some now for a new project.

Exactly: video is must have. Forget about the blog: once you start there will be the expectation you post regularly. Do you want to spend your life like that ?

Who is gonna want to hire a cockeyed driving instructor? couldn't u find a better pic for the homepage :dontknow: otherwise looks cool :tu

Yes going to change it, I complained about that too ;)

Pic at the top is a bit too passport-like. Get something with a bit of an angle. Would look better me thinks.

Also can you get rid of the .eu and change it for .com?

Changing..

Why? .eu is the new cool domain ;) try seanedwardsracing.com if you want. Not that it really bloody matters lol? seanedwards.com is taken by someone else, theifs!

Sean, are we allowed to take the piss on...

http://community.seanedwards.eu/

Well I prefer not too much crap, as this is an open public forum lol, but you can rip each other ;)

Should we all join Shedwards's forum as it looks like he's only got 3 friends :dontknow:

:finger

Sounds like you are that stalker Nords! :eek:

:rofl: :rofl:

A nice update Sean.

Yep that's on the list to do regarding the testimonials!

I do have quite detailed usage stats, will see if there is a seconds thing on it!

Video thing is a good idea, cheers, will look into it soon and speak to you about it.

Looks like someone beat you to it!

:rofl:

Wonder which cock that was lol.... IP is from USA, Jonny 5:bat:

Banned and deleted anyway..

Exactly: video is must have. Forget about the blog: once you start there will be the expectation you post regularly. Do you want to spend your life like that ?

Not really, I just write something a few times a month or when I have some time, I think it's a nice aspect..?

It looks like you need to stop automatic registration.

Indeed!!

Back