Track/Test Day Instruction by FIA GT3 Champion Sean Edwards

Thanks Pete :)

Wouldn't have anyway, I was just showing Pete the transition and braking technique when I was driving, as he doesn't like being a passanger!

I will never push really hard in a clients car, for obvious reasons, so data is not so good. Unless they give me free rain on my own in the car, then I don't mind ;) Its always hard to get a lap time on a normal track day too!

For a Youngun Sean is a very capable instructor who is very astute to the finer details in relation to the art of track driving, I can highly recommend him. He is certainly in the upper echelons of drivers I have sat with :asskisser: :asskisser: :asskisser:

He smells of wee though... :D

you have mine. What do you need his for??:dontknow: :D

If it were a straight race in cup cars on a circuit familiar to both.. would put my money on young Sean.. :D

Seriously.. have been very impressed with Sean's coaching techniques in the 997 cup car, and the 997 RS.
I learnt a huge amount at Snetterton in the pouring rain, using Dunlop wets.
Also at Silverstone in dry conditions on slicks.

He is also coaching me on racecraft, in using the full potential of the car and all the available kerbs and grass corners of the circuit. And other areas of racing a cup car.. (adjusting and using brake bias...heel and toe downshifting whilst maintaining full brake pressure... not as simple as it sounds.. trail braking into apex, etc)

Highly recommended!

Rob

If it were a straight race in cup cars on a circuit familiar to both.. would put my money on young Sean.. :D

Seriously.. have been very impressed with Sean's coaching techniques in the 997 cup car, and the 997 RS.
I learnt a huge amount at Snetterton in the pouring rain, using Dunlop wets.
Also at Silverstone in dry conditions on slicks.

He is also coaching me on racecraft, in using the full potential of the car and all the available kerbs and grass corners of the circuit. And other areas of racing a cup car.. (adjusting and using brake bias...heel and toe downshifting whilst maintaining full brake pressure... not as simple as it sounds.. trail braking into apex, etc)

Highly recommended!

Rob

Give Dave the time Seans had in these cars and would it still be equal!!!:finger

A pykie from Ireland against a pykie from england..worth selling tickets to!!!:D

Has he put his prices up since I showed him how to overtake and as a result he has won some SuperCup races?

I want royalties!:bat:

Has he put his prices up since I showed him how to overtake and as a result he has won some SuperCup races?

I want royalties!:bat:

:haha:

Prices have not gone up yet no, but I will be doing very few track days over the winter, as I am taking some time off in Monaco to do lots of training for next season :D

Next year I will likely put the prices up yes, just because of the fact that I will only be available for 5-10 days a month at most.

I don't think it's fair to put prices up just because I am winning in a top international series. I will only base the price on the service I offer and what my time becomes worth each year and I guess the better and higher I get, the less time I will have to do coaching, so the more expensive it will get lol.

:haha:

Prices have not gone up yet no, but I will be doing very few track days over the winter, as I am taking some time off in Monaco to do lots of training for next season :D

Next year I will likely put the prices up yes, just because of the fact that I will only be available for 5 days a month at most.

What kind of training ??? :dontknow:

What kind of training ??? :dontknow:

Shall be getting back into cyclying mainly as the area is good for it and the weather is decent even in the winter there! The more weight I can loose, the faster I shall be next year ;) You should come down for a few days sometime mate, we have a villa is cap dai (just outside monaco) and I could learn some cyclying stuff from you :D Always nice to have people to ride with too...

LOL Dan, very true:D

Shall be getting back into cyclying mainly as the area is good for it and the weather is decent even in the winter there! The more weight I can loose, the faster I shall be next year ;) You should come down for a few days sometime mate, we have a villa is cap dai (just outside monaco) and I could learn some cyclying stuff from you :D Always nice to have people to ride with too...

LOL Dan, very true:D

Mate, would love to come down in Feb some time, so would love to take you up on that.

I know all the cols down there, did them this year and last, Madone, Braughs, Castillion, Nice, Turini.

Could be a bit snowy though :D

Hmmmmm, I wonder.

A new venture to fill the void left by our Superstar going to the land of Coulthard...

Phatgixer driver training. "The man who taught Sean Edwards". I'll tell little ditties to the students about how young Edwards' admiration for my skills ended up with an obsession with me so deep, he tried to grow a bigger belly then me... He got close, but as in most tussles with young Sean, he was still trailing me when it mattered. Impressive sized arse, though, give him that!

:dance1:

Hmmmmm, I wonder.

A new venture to fill the void left by our Superstar going to the land of Coulthard...

Phatgixer driver training. "The man who taught Sean Edwards". I'll tell little ditties to the students about how young Edwards' admiration for my skills ended up with an obsession with me so deep, he tried to grow a bigger belly then me... He got close, but as in most tussles with young Sean, he was still trailing me when it mattered. Impressive sized arse, though, give him that!

:dance1:

Oiiiiiiii fat arse, you need some driver training......

:fisherman:

Back