Stock Markets down today.........

No such thing as a bad deal just bad timing.

When New York sneezes, London catches cold. The whole thing goes in cycles and has done so as long as I can remember and that, unfortunately is a long time.

What about the adage "Sell in May and go away"

I guess I will never be rich as I don't speculate to accumulate

Oh joy, that coupled with the stupid US$ (well it is if you have some waiting to move back and have been for 2.5 years), menas no new car for me anytime soon :cry

Just think that in the 80's the dollar hit parity with the pound.

Oil was $5.00 a barrel and JR gave up.

What goes around comes around; HOPEFULLY

Hmm.....So it seems Alice was wrong ? The world is still here and we all go on as before...

Damn, better sell all those tins of beans I stocked up on..

Just watch the Itrax spread guys, the crossover is the most volatile and has been swinging upto 60% day to day .. (greta money making/losing opportunity)..

The doom mongerers have been amongst us for years now, house prices, stock prices etc.. and if you constantly predict a slump , you will eventually be right :p

However at the moment i have to say there's a real flight to quality going on, and people are returning to fundamentals.. Good companies will always have intrinsic value.

Not a good time to be doubling your exposure for sure.. :D

For now seems to be calming down but likely to be a lot of news over the next few weeks as people mark their books for months end. Could be many more funds in trouble.

Volatility suits you DMC otherwise there would be no opportunity. I agree with you. Sooner or later all predictions seem to have substance:yeah:

It really depends on your take, are you an investor or a trader, do you trade on margin or do you own the shares? The DJIA and the FTSE 100 are not reflective of the whole stock market. I think there is still a lot of value in certain smaller stocks (AIM listed) and I like to expose myself to growing niche markets. Certain Chinese stocks for example that I like a lot. I will look at them in 3 years and see where I am. Any short term correction doesn't particularly worry me.

Unfortunately derivatives which were originally used to hedge, have for a long time, been used as position taking instruments, in turn they have a significant impact on the markets and upon companies trading them.

But, hey it makes a living for a lot of people.:D

Hi

Hang in there Alice...payrolls @ 13:30. Have you bailed out of your shorts yet???

As others have said say that once a week and you will be right eventually. The stock market doesn't announce that in a few days it'll be down a lot. If it did it'd be down on announcement as everyone was trying to sell first!

wheels

Unfortunately derivatives which were originally used to hedge, have for a long time, been used as position taking instruments, in turn they have a significant impact on the markets and upon companies trading them.

But, hey it makes a living for a lot of people.:D

Tail wagging the dog !! :D

The problem is that not many people really understand the instruments traded and the term "Bullshit Baffles Brains" comes to mind. You have got it right again, you must be a genius.

Back