Porsche 918 Spyder Weissach - In Stock Now

Well SCOM are known for pricing at ridiculous levels and then sitting on stock for years until eventually it sells.

If you have lots of capital that you can keep tied up in inventory then fine..... Hexagon operate a similar policy

obviously it can work, but you sometimes have to play the long game and wait for the market to catch up with your prices.....

All that said, when Hexagon priced their black GT2RS at £270k last year (there was a thread on here about it), most people, incl. myself gasped in disbelief.... wind the clock forward a few months and GT2RS are being offered with a £3 as starting number....so in that instance, the market caught up rather quickly....

All that said, when Hexagon priced their black GT2RS at £270k last year (there was a thread on here about it), most people, incl. myself gasped in disbelief.... wind the clock forward a few months and GT2RS are being offered with a £3 as starting number....so in that instance, the market caught up rather quickly....

Right now, a GT2RS at £270K would seem quite reasonable!

(Yep, I know that is a last year price)

Well SCOM are known for pricing at ridiculous levels and then sitting on stock for years until eventually it sells.

If you have lots of capital that you can keep tied up in inventory then fine..... Hexagon operate a similar policy

obviously it can work, but you sometimes have to play the long game and wait for the market to catch up with your prices.....

Isn't that why they do it, to move the market in rare cars?

Their money, their risk

If you can honestly take a new production car and sell it for £400k more than paid a month ago then the car market is truly mad and is going to fail in the most spectacular way very soon

some fools are very easy parted from their money it seems - folks gold

beautiful car but utter madness

Agree!! Seems bonkers

I cant afford one so care not a jot either way. Here's my take on how the car could easily get to £1m

Original person specs it to what was then 750,000 euro net of vat. Brings it in to UK as a vat qualifier at 20% The exchange rate when he had to pay for it was 1.22 not todays 1.37. So now it stands him at c £600,000. He wants £100k overs so that's what SCOM have to pony up. It now stands them at £700k. Their normal gross margin is say 18% net of prep and warranty. So £860,000 quickly becomes the asking price. The + vat leaves the options open for export etc.

If you normally make 18% on £100k cars then why would you change that because its an £800k car. If you had 8 x £100k cars in stock you may actually make more money as they may result in part exchanges etc.

So whilst the numbers are big the business model needs to be consistent or why would you write such a big cheque. ??

Only my take on things as it makes no odds to me if it is £86k or £860k. The market will quickly determine the cars value. All it needs is one rich Chinese/Russian/whatever that never managed to get one from Porsche and boom the deal is done.

A :)

.. All it needs is one rich Chinese/Russian/whatever that never managed to get one from Porsche and boom the deal is done.

Rich people have power of the internet, and are generally rich for a reason. And this is not a one off - there are 918 of them. The Weissach one will attract a premium, but how much?

And no, normal margins do not apply at this price point for something that is not unique imo. Perhaps Ken/Gareth can advise

I cant afford one so care not a jot either way. Here's my take on how the car could easily get to £1m

Original person specs it to what was then 750,000 euro net of vat. Brings it in to UK as a vat qualifier at 20% The exchange rate when he had to pay for it was 1.22 not todays 1.37. So now it stands him at c £600,000. He wants £100k overs so that's what SCOM have to pony up. It now stands them at £700k. Their normal gross margin is say 18% net of prep and warranty. So £860,000 quickly becomes the asking price. The + vat leaves the options open for export etc.

If you normally make 18% on £100k cars then why would you change that because its an £800k car. If you had 8 x £100k cars in stock you may actually make more money as they may result in part exchanges etc.

So whilst the numbers are big the business model needs to be consistent or why would you write such a big cheque. ??

Only my take on things as it makes no odds to me if it is £86k or £860k. The market will quickly determine the cars value. All it needs is one rich Chinese/Russian/whatever that never managed to get one from Porsche and boom the deal is done.

A :)

All wrong.

My car is just over £600k including Vat

And no, normal margins do not apply at this price point for something that is not unique imo. Perhaps Ken/Gareth can advise

I have no experience of cars at this price point but clearly Malton do. I suspect their price is aspirational and there is a deal to be done for a serious buyer

All wrong.

My car is just over £600k including Vat

Ok so then they and the previous owner are taking a punt. Like anything I suppose price it high and work backwards until it sells or until the market escalates towards your asking price.

Personally I would rather have a showroom with 8 x £100k cars but its Johns money so he chose 1 x £800k car.

Should you not be buying a few more available at list price on mobile.de, or am I missing something? :dontknow:

Which is kind of Andy's point.... I think... but never mind that... You can see it now. Listen to Kens words. Are you a serious buyer? Its beautiful... straight from the central bank to his pocket.

Think you will find that this 380-400k overs is the going rate for these cars now......when production finishes and in a few months can see 1.5s
http://thesupercarkids.com/trio-porsche-918-spyders-spotted-for-sale/

very very few coming to market, and yet 918 being built shows how good the car is imv...
Not selling mine so not worried about price.

But, 2 mates seriously looking and real trading prices are no where close to this.

If 918 really £1m then CGT is the car to buy.

What a flipping mess , it's maltons car , they can sell the damn thing for one million quatloos as far as they are concerned , don't like the price don't bloody buy it !
What's the matter with this fucking place :haha:?

Back