Porsche 918 Spyder Weissach - In Stock Now

If 6 months old and under 6k miles thought you had to stump up

Have you read hmrc?

Rules are

Pay VAT
HMRC will tell you how much VAT is due and how to pay.

You’ll usually pay VAT on the vehicle, accessories bought with it and any delivery or incidental charges.

Second-hand vehicles

You don’t usually have to pay VAT if you’re importing a second-hand vehicle and the VAT was paid in another EU country.

You’ll have to pay VAT if your vehicle is classed as a ‘new means of transport’ - ie it’s less than 6 months old and has done less than 6,000km (about 3,728 miles). HMRC will tell you if this is the case.

??? Rickety old shit heaps? Yeah if we class 300knts and +6g/-3g rickety?! Can't go anywhere? You can go every fukking where!! It can fly..

Just how much does a Spitfire cost to run???

Pull 6g in a spitfire and then pay for the airframe to be inspected

When you fly, you have to land

Have you read hmrc?

Rules are

Pay VAT
HMRC will tell you how much VAT is due and how to pay.

You’ll usually pay VAT on the vehicle, accessories bought with it and any delivery or incidental charges.

Second-hand vehicles

You don’t usually have to pay VAT if you’re importing a second-hand vehicle and the VAT was paid in another EU country.

You’ll have to pay VAT if your vehicle is classed as a ‘new means of transport’ - ie it’s less than 6 months old and has done less than 6,000km (about 3,728 miles). HMRC will tell you if this is the case.

As with always with HMRC the devil is in the detail, even if its 8 years old, and 5kklm miles its still has to have VAT paid on import into the Uk

As with always with HMRC the devil is in the detail, even if its 8 years old, and 5kklm miles its still has to have VAT paid on import into the Uk

No, if vat been paid in eu then it's fine.

I have bought 3 cars in Europe without problems. All declared and passed by hmrc.

That's today and maybe over the next couple of years

he was thinking over 3 to 5 years, unless I misunderstood, falling Euro helping to bolster economy etc...

Dude we agree... -ve yield = you pay to hold...

Pull 6g in a spitfire and then pay for the airframe to be inspected

When you fly, you have to land
6g in a Spitfire.... then get the airframe inspected.. because why?

Landing - have you looked at map of the UK? There are airfields everywhere. In fact when you think of Goodwood and the car meetings... what else is there?

Because it is a 75 year old aircraft for starters

How much do you think they cost to run?

Can you just get up, hop in your spitfire and go where your fancy takes you?

Don't get me wrong, beautiful looking thing, but I'll take a car every time

No, if vat been paid in eu then it's fine.

I have bought 3 cars in Europe without problems. All declared and passed by hmrc.

All the one I have brought have been captured under new means of transport act 728, section 2.2
ie they have to have be over 6 months old have travelled over 6klms

"A motorised land vehicle is not new when more than 6 months have elapsed since the date of its first entry into service (see paragraph 2.3), and
it has, since its first entry into service, travelled under its own power for more than 6000 kilometres. "

So it its outside the above its VAT to be paid.?

All the one I have brought have been captured under new means of transport act 728, section 2.2

"A motorised land vehicle is not new when more than 6 months have elapsed since the date of its first entry into service (see paragraph 2.3), and
it has, since its first entry into service, travelled under its own power for more than 6000 kilometres. "

6mths old and 6000kms

Not or

Maybe they changed the rules.

David , I really like you . We are friends but it's people like you that ruin my lovely car world :alright:
Cars are toys not investments , you make me sad

Mate as you are aware I always track my cars, that's all I do with some, despite a 70% increase , though being 30 mins from Ascari, there is good chance it will get used....But have caught a bad cold with Macs, at these level you have to keep an eye on things...from a price point.......imv

But if you buy from a dealer, you do not pay VAT in Europe if it is for export. No?

Mate as you are aware I always track my cars, that's all I do with some, despite a 70% increase , though being 30 mins from Ascari, there is good chance it will get used....But have caught a bad cold with Macs, at these level you have to keep an eye on things...from a price point.......imv
I agree you do track your cars, but look through the windscreen and not at the much smaller rear view mirror. :tu

But if you buy from a dealer, you do not pay VAT in Europe if it is for export. No?

if you buy from an Eu dealer it classed as inter community trade so he will zero rate to you in UK, so you pay Vat on import, that is if its captured under 2.2 of the 728 Act...

Back