Porsche 918 Spyder Weissach - In Stock Now

Because it is a 75 year old aircraft for starters

How much do you think they cost to run?

Can you just get up, hop in your spitfire and go where your fancy takes you?

Don't get me wrong, beautiful looking thing, but I'll take a car every time

I hear you but a 75year old aircraft is like "triggers broom".. Any Spitfire flying today will have had its wings re-sparred as they corrode, as to how much they cost frankly if you own a Spitfire today you'll be able to run it in displays which will be paying you to be there. That would offset much of the costs otherwise it will be fuel and inspection like anything else. Fuel will be likely the biggest hourly cost at 100gals an hour at full chat.. but at full chat you are doing 400mph.... so you have covered err..... oh yeah 400 miles for your money!

I mean forget my figures as they mean nothing really its just idle internet chat but one can safely assume that the people running the 2 seat version are making money out of theirs? And you can see they charge broadly £5k per hour. So take out the pilot wages, and their profit could we agree that it likely costs a couple of grand per hour to run??

I bet people doing a track day in a fast motor are likely doing the same for a day out...

As for landing then yes pretty much you could land in most places having blown your own mind on every single trip... Seriously when was the last time you got in your car or any car and were testing your own ability to such a degree it was at the edge of being frightening? Last time I had that feeling in a car I think Kurgen was on track with Angus...:-)

I hear you but a 75year old aircraft is like "triggers broom".. Any Spitfire flying today will have had its wings re-sparred as they corrode, as to how much they cost frankly if you own a Spitfire today you'll be able to run it in displays which will be paying you to be there. That would offset much of the costs otherwise it will be fuel and inspection like anything else. Fuel will be likely the biggest hourly cost at 100gals an hour at full chat.. but at full chat you are doing 400mph.... so you have covered err..... oh yeah 400 miles for your money!

I mean forget my figures as they mean nothing really its just idle internet chat but one can safely assume that the people running the 2 seat version are making money out of theirs? And you can see they charge broadly £5k per hour. So take out the pilot wages, and their profit could we agree that it likely costs a couple of grand per hour to run??

I bet people doing a track day in a fast motor are likely doing the same for a day out...

As for landing then yes pretty much you could land in most places having blown your own mind on every single trip... Seriously when was the last time you got in your car or any car and were testing your own ability to such a degree it was at the edge of being frightening? Last time I had that feeling in a car I think Kurgen was on track with Angus...:-)

:thumbup: though I believe running costs far higher, I've heard 50k pa to maintain, 30k pa insurance, then fuel, engine TBO is 250-500 hours with an overhaul costing 120k, how much does a license and a decent amount of hours to get proficient enough cost 100k?

:haha: at your last comment though!!

:thumbup: though I believe running costs far higher, I've heard 50k pa to maintain, 30k pa insurance, then fuel, engine TBO is 250-500 hours with an overhaul costing 120k, how much does a license and a decent amount of hours to get proficient enough cost 100k?

:haha: at your last comment though!!

Ha - its not that uncommon for these things to be used well. I think the head of fx trading for UBS used to own and display very well a Yak-3. His name was Chris Vogelsang. There is a guy called Peter Tischmann who has a big collection ( http://www.hangar11.co.uk/aboutus.html ) and displays his aircraft and one of the members at White Waltham has a P51 Mustang.

Sure its not going to come for free but these things are in a different league. I mean its just not the same, its other worldly. You can pull enough g to literally knock yourself out!

If you go to the Aviation section and look at that video with David Perrin - that type of plane is £30k.. £30k (and thats outright!!! you'd get a share in one for less than £10k) and costs a £100 per hour all in. You do a few hours in that and you'd convert onto a Spitfire within a few hours. Single digit to solo.

What a flipping mess , it's maltons car , they can sell the damn thing for one million quatloos as far as they are concerned , don't like the price don't bloody buy it !
What's the matter with this fucking place :haha:?

if you create a thread about your stock, is it a surprise that the subject of price becomes so discussed ??!

Especially when it appears to be priced in cuckoo land !!

Wait - how many quarloos to the £ ? ...... Vat ?

Current value is 98 to one but the good news is considering quatloos are from the triskellion system there's no vat , unless you import . Then things get serious . The import duty will run into several billion pounds and the vat figure depends on who is correct re duty apolo or Andy .

Also makes me wonder why the car manufacturers are so stupid in not finding a way to tap into this extra purchase cost ......... surely better to price up and discount if absolutely needed
or in the case of mcl price Fooking high and then discount fooking high

Exactly, then age/mileage does not matter.

respectfully P, don't think you have understood the "new means of transport" from an intercommunity trade point,

If its under 6k klm its VAT, does not matter if its zero rated its VAT to be paid( accounted for) in UK, does not matter if the car is 10 years Old. its captured via the 728, 2.2 below 6kKLm miles...

The 6 month rules kicks in when say the vehicle has done 10k miles with in 6 months of being 1st new, then its not classed as new so no Vat....

Have a look at Section 728, 2.2,

Last edited:
Current value is 98 to one but the good news is considering quatloos are from the triskellion system there's no vat , unless you import . Then things get serious . The import duty will run into several billion pounds and the vat figure depends on who is correct re duty apolo or Andy .

To be fair to Andy, the VAT rules changed, updated, don't think he was aware, I only know cause its part of my Job, and have to know this..

Lovely congrats !

All the customer drive cars that I have driven until now feel about 40% less power, In HL mode you just push the pedal and hold on and grit you teeth.....The thing will never need to be plugged in to Charge, run the batts down in E-Mode into Sports and 10 mile later 82% charge....

I am very lucky......

Back