Track/Test Day Instruction by FIA GT3 Champion Sean Edwards

Sean Edwards

Ring Warrior

FIA European GT3 Champion, FIA GT2 driver and Porsche expert Sean Edwards has 10 years of International racing under his belt, from International karting, Formula Ford and Formula Renault to British GT, FIA GT3 and FIA GT, with a huge amount of success. He has vast knowledge of Porsche’s, Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s, Aston Martin's, BMW’s and Lotus’s among many other cars (look HERE to see all the cars Sean has instructed in over the years) and you can learn in one day what it took him and many other people years to learn! He also instructs on a regular basis at the Silverstone Racing School and has done at Palmer Sports in the past, which has given him valuable instructing knowledge and techniques over the past 4 years, along with a certified ARDS grade "A" instructors license.

2008 - Most probably Porsche Supercup and a GT series such as FIA GT, LMS or ALMS.
2007 - FIA GT, Porsche 997 RSR, 3rd at the Spa 24 hours!
2006 - FIA GT3, Porsche 997 GT3, FIA GT3 Overall Champion and Porsche Champion, 3 wins and 3 seconds overall. 8 Porsche wins and a 3rd out of 10 races.
2005 - 2 rounds of British GT, Porsche 996 GT3, Winner of the Silverstone 2 hours.
2004 - Formula Renault UK, 5th in the rookie Championship.
2003 - BRDC Formula Ford, 4th in the Championship, 1 win and 4 podiums.
1998-2002 - International Karting

* Please check out the satisfied clients and what they thought about their day’s instruction by reading their testimonials on my website, HERE! *

The amount of knowledge you will gain in one day is really astonishing, at less than the cost of a set of new tyres! It doesn't matter weather you're a novice or experienced track day driver or even a racing driver, instruction will vastly improve your driving and understanding of the car and make you an all round better, more confident, consistent and faster driver guaranteed. Prices range from £350-£450 + expenses depending on the track and car chosen.

Some of the techniques you will learn are,

-How to push yourself and the car to the limit, to reduce your lap times greatly.
-Positioning of the car on track
-Weight transfer and how it affects the handling
-Oversteer and understeer, what they are and how to correct or solve them
-When to apply the power and how this affects the overall corner speed and balance of the car
-Trial braking, when and how hard to brake and the transition of braking force throughout the braking zone
-Racing lines, for dry and a wet track
-Vision and how important it is to be looking through the corner
-Heel and Toe, for downshifting properly
-Individual track secrets, which would normally take years of experience to find out
+ Many more basic and advanced track/racing techniques.

It really is the most effective way to extract the best out of yourself and your car, with the least amount of cost and time! You could spend a lot of money on upgrading your car and gain a few seconds around the track, when you could actually gain up to 10 (depending on experience) seconds over a few days with Sean, just by pushing your self and your car to their potential.

In brief, this is how a day runs,

-8.00am, arrival at the track to meet up with Sean and have a chat over a tea/coffee.
-8.30am, track day organiser’s safety briefing.
-8.50am, quick briefing by Sean on what is going to happen on the day and the specific track techniques you need explained in detail. +Try on your open face helmet with intercom system, to see which size fits best (supplied for free by Sean).
-9.00am, track opens.
-Slow demo laps by Sean to show the lines ect, if you do not know the circuit.
-In car instruction all day and out of car theory all day.
-12-1pm or 1-2pm, track is normally shut for lunch.
-High speed laps whenever you want by Sean, it's a good way to show what the car can actually do and put what Sean's teaching you into visual practice.
-5.00pm, track closes for the day.

-Written notes sent via e-mail afterwards on what you need to be improving on for when you next attend the track.

+Of course you can pick Sean's brain with any questions you have about your car or race series or what to do in different situations and just general driving questions you wish to know!

If you are interested in instruction in your own car or need to rent a car, please contact me. You can organize the day completely your self, or I will be happy to organize it for you. Bringing your own car is cheaper, but cars can be rented such as,

-Porsche 997 GT3 Cup Car
-Porsche 996 GT3 Cup Car
-Radical SR8 2600 Supersport
-Radical SR4 1200 Clubsport
-Radical SR3 1500 Supersport
-Radical SR3 1300 Supersport
-Palmer JP1 RS
-Caterham CSR 260
-Lotus Exige S2
-BMW E36 M3
-Renault Sport Spider
-Lotus Elise S2
-Lotus Elise S1
-Caterham Roadsport B
-Renault Sport Clio 182 Cup

Contact Sean for his track day spread sheet, it consists of all the UK and European track days, with the version of the track, price of the track day, noise limit, track day company and listing of their numbers ect ect... Also included is a list of track day cars to rent from various companies, locations of all the circuits on a map of Europe and the UK, insurance companies, hotels and lots of other information. Please feel free to receive the spread sheet, even if you might not be looking for instruction.

Discounts will be given to people who do multiple days and introduce more clients.

Corporate days and experiences are also available at Silverstone racing school with discount; please contact me for further details on these.

Visit the SeanEdwards.eu site to learn more about Sean, his racing career, some great gallery race shots and much more.

Contact Details,

E: seanedwards.eu@gmail.com
M: +44 (0)7736230286
O: +44 (0)1491572050

www.seanedwards.eu

*Please note that to drive on a track day in the UK you must hold a full driving licence that you must have on the day
**Any information supplied, or business conducted with Sean Edwards will be subject to our terms and conditions

Hi Sean,

Nice thread! :D

How much would it cost, for a day's tuition in a 996/997 Cup car?
Am assuming they would be converted to a 2 seater..

Cheers
Rob

Really interesting.. I am probably one of the worst on track ever.

Sean, if I bring my GT2 and myself over from Norway, can you fix everything else?

Can't recommend this highly enough!

Many thanks Sean! I'll be using you again :)

Thank Damian, see you soon :)

Hi Sean,

Nice thread! :D

How much would it cost, for a day's tuition in a 996/997 Cup car?
Am assuming they would be converted to a 2 seater..

Cheers
Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks!

About £425-£450 + expenses, I do a lot of tuition for Porsche Open, GT Open, British GT, FIA GT3 and VLN drivers in 996 and 997 cup cars, so I have a lot of experience in driving and instructing in them.

Really interesting.. I am probably one of the worst on track ever.

Sean, if I bring my GT2 and myself over from Norway, can you fix everything else?

Hey Marius,

Haha, you can't be, all of you guys from that area are normally very good drivers :)

I can organize everything for you yep, just let me know when/where you would think about doing it.

Sorry Sean, can you clarify..

Total cost for the day, inclusive of you supplying the Cup car + associated costs. Am assuming you would book the track etc..?

Btw, as I have recently acquired a Nat B licence, would it be better to book a proper testing day?

Am very interested, and subject to cost.. would book some dates for next year!

Cheers
Rob

Total cost for the day, inclusive of you supplying the Cup car + associated costs. Am assuming you would book the track etc..?

Btw, as I have recently acquired a Nat B licence, would it be better to book a proper testing day?

Cheers
Rob

I maybe up for sharing this if you want ???

Cheers
Rob

Ah ok, you want to rent one. You will be in for a shock, but the rental cost from RPM Motorsport is £4000 for a 996 and £5000 for a 997 for the day +vat.

Also if you want insurance for £20000 cover, £5000 excess, costs £750 or for £30000 cover, £5000 excess, costs £900.

You then have the track day and instruction cost on top.

I think I could get about £500 off for you having a racing license and you two sharing would be fine, just split the costs.

Although, JWA rent their 997 RSR out for £6000 an hour :eek:

You both have great track day cars already (997 RS and 430 Scud soon), those are more then good enough.

There are a few guys on this forum who own cup cars, they might consider renting them out?

Hey Marius,

Haha, you can't be, all of you guys from that area are normally very good drivers :)

I can organize everything for you yep, just let me know when/where you would think about doing it.

Ideal would be april/may, I would probably arrive by boat to newcastle, so any track suited for a newbie would be fine ;) I am open for suggestions!

Ideal would be april/may, I would probably arrive by boat to newcastle, so any track suited for a newbie would be fine ;) I am open for suggestions!

Ok Marius, that's quite far up North! Are you ok to drive down South (3 hours ish)? I think Silverstone, Bedford or an airfield would be good.

I will give you an idea of some good dates around that time in a few weeks, once all the track day organizers have released their dates.

Newbie, you mean you have a GT2 and never tracked it? :eek:

Hi all,

Christmas is approaching fast and I am giving everyone £50 off their next day with me or to add on top of a voucher for friends or family!

Buy a voucher for a Sean Edwards day as the perfect Christmas present and make a family member or friend very happy! Or give a friend of family member a hint at what YOU want as a present…

£50 towards a performance driver coaching half or full day with Sean Edwards
£100 towards a performance driver coaching half or full day with Sean Edwards
£150 towards a performance driver coaching half or full day with Sean Edwards
£200 towards a performance driver coaching half or full day with Sean Edwards
Half day performance driver coaching day with Sean Edwards (approx £250)
£300 towards a performance driver coaching day with Sean Edwards
£350 towards a performance driver coaching day with Sean Edwards
£400 towards a performance driver coaching day with Sean Edwards
Full day performance driver coaching day with Sean Edwards (approx £450)

*All the above, you can either add on £50 to the voucher’s value, or pay £50 less for the voucher, for the special Christmas offer!

Please see my website http://www.seanedwards.eu/index.php?p=Getcontent&catid=10 for more details and you will get a certificate with each voucher/day purchased to give to the person on the special day.

gift_certificate_small.png

Have a great Christmas and New Year everyone.

See you soon!

Sean Edwards

Last edited:
What a fantastic thread. Sean have been looking for something like this for aboslutly ages. I dont like the idea of jumping in the car with anyone as I bel;ieve they have the potential to cause more harm than good! With your credentials I am more than happy. Few questions if you dont mind.

What track would you recomend for a beginner like me? Bedford? Would we end up with alot of waiting tome or could you swindle a full day out there?

Would you organise it through the MSV or another comapny? Will the day be run the same?

Do you have your own personal insuance to cover yourself if something happened or would I have to insure you - both as a passenger and driver?

Would like to do it in my CSL - would prefure a track with lots of run off, space and little traffic - possible? Also want to get the back end out so dont really want a too stringently run day..

What a fantastic thread. Sean have been looking for something like this for aboslutly ages. I dont like the idea of jumping in the car with anyone as I bel;ieve they have the potential to cause more harm than good! With your credentials I am more than happy. Few questions if you dont mind.

What track would you recomend for a beginner like me? Bedford? Would we end up with alot of waiting tome or could you swindle a full day out there?

Would you organise it through the MSV or another comapny? Will the day be run the same?

Do you have your own personal insuance to cover yourself if something happened or would I have to insure you - both as a passenger and driver?

Would like to do it in my CSL - would prefure a track with lots of run off, space and little traffic - possible? Also want to get the back end out so dont really want a too stringently run day..

Hey Woppum, thanks :) That is true yes, far too many so called instructors out there...

No problem,

1. Bedford is good, Silverstone also. Bedford in 90% of the time Open Pit lane, so no problem there and Silverstone is normally 30 min on and 30 min off. Either will do, pop me an e-mail and I will forward you my spreadsheet so you can have a look at all the available dates.

2. Whatever you want, if you prefer MSV then that's fine, but there are lots of good companies out there!

3. I have Public Liability Insurance, but its no inssurer will cover for all the cars, you will need to add me.

4. Bedford will be best then, as Gold track can be a bit strict on drifting (Angus on Saturday haha!). Alternatively, we can go to an Airfield, there are so many around the UK!

Pop me an e-mail anyway and I will forward you the sheet.

Last edited:
I had a great day at Silverstone with Sean a couple of weeks ago and can certainly recommend him.

We worked on a specific area which had been highlighted by looking through some logged data from my cup car and I felt we made real progress plus had a fun day too.

Thanks Sean :tu

Oh and my wife say's I have since become a more considerate and caring lover. Which is nice.

I had a great day at Silverstone with Sean a couple of weeks ago and can certainly recommend him.

We worked on a specific area which had been highlighted by looking through some logged data from my cup car and I felt we made real progress plus had a fun day too.

Thanks Sean :tu

Oh and my wife say's I have since become a more considerate and caring lover. Which is nice.

It was a good day :thumbup: See you at Snett on the 10th for hopefully another good day and we can hopefully work on some different things, if it's dry...!

LMAO!:rofl: That is a new thing to add to the "tuition benefits" :haha:

Had an evening session at Silverstone with Sean this week.

Really enjoyed it as well as learnt more about braking points and carrying speed through corners.

I asked that we spend time looking at braking and was amazed that by working on the transition from throttle to brakes I had so much more time to do everything more smoothly.

I have previously put data traces against Kens data and could see where I was losing time - now I think I understand why.

Good few hours well spent and only spun once:D Believe it or not but that was my first spin in the RS so must have been trying harder.

Thanks Sean

Cheers

P

What were your lap times, and how much improvement did Sean make ?

I know it's the question on everybodies lips so I thought I would ask.

What were your lap times, and how much improvement did Sean make ?

I know it's the question on everybodies lips so I thought I would ask.
Ken, no idea as I forgot to take my data logger with me like a tart!:angry: However, pretty confident i've "made a big step forward" as they say in racing circles:D

Ken, no idea as I forgot to take my data logger with me like a tart!:angry: However, pretty confident i've "made a big step forward" as they say in racing circles:D

:duh:

I was hoping that you would get some data with Sean driving.

Back