The Day after Tomorrow - Richard Branson has lost it too

Andre

Boy Racer
Source: http://www.vrijspreker.nl/blog/?itemid=4950

Richard Branson doesn't have to turn around to show his ass
... he is or acts like one.

Donating 3 billion dollar to the environment is a decision of such stupidity that it proves once more that it doesn' t take brains to become a billionaire.

First let me set one thing straight. I don't want to meddle in Mr. Branson's private affairs or deny him the right to spend his fortune, provided his fortune really is his. And as I am unknowing of any indication that this successful businessman gathered his fortune through extortion, theft or fraud - including the fencing of public subsidies - I must presume his fortune is not criminally contaminated.

Why then do I think this school dropout** is an ass? Well, there are two possibilities. Either Branson is sincere and he really thinks spending a large amount of money on research in an attempt to stop his private Caribbean island from sinking is not a total waste. If that would be the case than he makes a fool of himself by mistakenly considering a hugely complex system as the combination of climate and economics to be predictable, let alone manageable.

Or he is not and he thinks he can get away with making us believe he has altruistic motives, that he is not just pulling off yet another farce - like posing nude to sell cola - trying to buy himself and his empire the environmentalist aura which is selling so well these days. In a two page special interview in a Belgian newspaper last weekend, the man who would want to make us believe he is innocent like a virgin, reveals some of his real motives: "I am in a position with a lot of power, and I don't want to squander it. [...] I want to use the privilege to do good." But he didn't add for whom.

That the man is not completely sane in his reasoning can be shown with the following remark he is said to have made: "Suppose there is a 20% chance that New York in the near future will suffer from an earthquake or other avoidable disaster, then every New Yorker would do everything he can to stop it from happening." Since when is an earthquake avoidable? And by what means? And if flooding as a result of the melting of the Greenland ice is the avoidable danger, would it not be wise for every New Yorker to consider whether the money that is thrown at Kyoto and the likes not better be spent in building dykes to protect his or her valuable property? Or if the cost of moving would not be less? And even if some New Yorkers would want to try to save the city, why should those who do not live in or choose to leave New York have to pay for it? I must admit this is not what Branson says in the interview, but it is the omnipresent thought underlying every poisoned word all these envirocrats ever utter. Poisoned is paradoxically the right word: by fear mongering and psychological warfare they poison mankind, really genetically modify it into becoming a bunch of mindless creatures living at strings a few amongst them have or buy the power to pull.

Richard Branson is first and foremost a shrewd business man.

He's hit the zeitgeist right on the head, as he has on countless other occasions, and he will profit from this, be it from bolstering his brand or from profits from Virgin Fuels.

“Basically, it’s a commitment to try to find alternative fuels, for planes, for cars, for all forms of transport and ultimately, obviously, to take on the oil companies,”

Branson said. “If we don’t take on the oil companies, we will not be able to replace the oil, which is dirty, with clean fuel.”

Branson’s motives may be more than altruistic. He’s hoping his investment will eventually make him a profit.

Branson said “Obviously what we hope is to generate profit from that so we can then carry on reinvesting it and building a powerful company, which can invest in more fuels,”

Back