Solo Channel Swim Attempt - Wish me luck!!!

Amazing, well done mate, that's a serious effort right there, pure mental determination at the end!

Now all you need to do is learn how to drive :D

Evening all!

Just back home and off to bed. I might do a little write up of the day later... But just a few thing here:

1) I had some rough moments. Lots of mind games. One of the things keeping me going was that I wanted so much to get it done for Ben....and also you lot. Thank you so much for comments and fantastic donations you REALLY kept me going. Thanks.

2) Tullio. My hat was already off to you last night. Having gone through this today. I'm just in awe of you and the channel swimming types. I foolishly thought it was gonna be easier than it was!!! How wrong I was!

3) it was grim. The whole lot, the training, the waiting, the nonstop eating - and as for the swim.....just atrocious. Every second. Only good bit was getting back on the boat!!

4) I'm broken. Mentally, physically...a wreck. Are there any doctors in the house? My wrists took slaps to the back of my hands in every strokes as I ploughed into the waves. No matter how high my recovery I caught every high wave. From 10 miles out my wrists were killing...(GFW syndrome I think it is!! ;) )

Here is a pick of them now. Matching pair. What is it??

image.jpg

Sorry I can't return comments...I'm fooked. Just time for a ciggy before bed....;)

So I dun it!!! Yippee.

Oh. You know that relay I suggested.......

.....that can fook right off..... Sorry:)

Night dudes.

Pete

Last edited:
Back