Porsche 997 GT3RS in Orange

Damon

King Kong
I did this car last Wednesday when the snow hit. Washed outside before detailing in the heated garage.

This car has had Paintshield film applied to the bonnet and front wings. This doesn’t allow waxes to really shine :(

As it is tracked at regularly so it was pretty hard to clean, lots of rubber strike and contaminants that are at high temperatures when they hit the car. So rubber removed using Megs Tar and Bug Remover, before claying with Sonus Green clay bar.

The wheels were cleaned using Clover Chemicals Virisol and finished with Klasse All-in-one, then 2 applications of Klasse Sealant Glaze.

The car was then paint cleaned using Swissvax Cleaner Fluid using a rotary and Sonus DAS Blue Pad. Two treatments of the Cleaner Fluid.

Finishing was with Swissvax Divine. We choose Divine because of its high quality and content of carnauba giving it not only a fantastic finish but with extremely good longevity.

Flat orange was a funny colour to work with in the artificial light of the garage, but when I brought the car out for the final pictures the Divine looked great on the orange :)

Enjoy the pictures of a truly rare car :D:tu

IMG_7975-vi.jpg

IMG_7976-vi.jpg

IMG_7980-vi.jpg

IMG_7982-vi.jpg

IMG_7984-vi.jpg

IMG_7990-vi.jpg

IMG_7997-vi.jpg

IMG_8007-vi.jpg

IMG_8009-vi.jpg

IMG_8012-vi.jpg

IMG_8014-vi.jpg

IMG_8017-vi.jpg

IMG_8020-vi.jpg

IMG_8021-vi.jpg

IMG_8025-vi.jpg

IMG_8029-vi.jpg

IMG_8032-vi.jpg

IMG_8039-vi.jpg

IMG_8042-vi.jpg

IMG_8043-vi.jpg

Interested on your comments omen , we have a lot of our cars worked on by the Zymol and swissol guys and they havent reported problems t0 us (or their customers) the only issue we ever heard of was when HD cleanse or preclean was used on the film rather than the straight wax.

Maybe you should drop by with some of your stuff and we will run some tests to see what might be the issue?

Cheers

Tom

Since I did the detail I thought I should call you. I tested Swissvax Cleaner Fluid on a small patch and it was fine.

I'll PM and we can chat it over :tu

Great results as noraml Damon thanks :tu:

Tom,

I think Damons problem is that he is a total perfectionist, in fairness, the car looks great in the photo's and you'd never know from them that it has been shielded.

Obviously when you look very close up to the car, then you will see that the shine isn't quite as bright as the rest of the unprotected paintwork, but in the real world, it never ever will be, but and i am delighted with the product for sure, and will never look back.

I am still kicking myself about the fact that you asked me if i wanted the lower lip splitter protected, to which i said 'no'..... but this strip of plastic is well peppered after 2 trackdays, so i should have taken your advice:wall
God only know what the front end would have looked like if i hadn't had it done:eek: :eek:

G.

We make these suggestions for a reason :) I wont argue with customers till I know them real well :finger

Next Time I wont let you off the premises untill you agree with me LOL

From The Experiences of other detailing, we have found that it picks up considerably on further applications we believe this is because the film is slightly porous (They all are) it takes a couple of applications over a few months for the pores to fill and give the detailers the flat surface to be able to buff it right up.

No way of knowing for sure but from other reports and what we know happens with the pre cleans being sucked into the film we feel this is the likely cause :)

I will be interested to see how it develops over time and whether this turns out to be the case here (although it will never comletely get to the same degree for a perfectionist but I have seen it damned close):)

Cheers

Tom

looking at this one, there is hardly if any difference to be seen from the shielded part, to unshielded...

IMG_8036-vi.jpg

996 coming in next week that the customer wants every panel on the car doing :) (something we do but do not publicise) :)

Cheers

Tom

Damon, do you do yellow cars as well ? I've got a new acquisition coming in March that may need some attention.

Interesting.....

pics in due course please;)

I will ask his permission we keep this quiet for GOOD reasons :)

Our boys in France are part way through 15 cars completely covered for one Billionaire in Europe. By the time they have finished He will have spent as much as you did on your F killer Glenn :)

NOT A JOKE!!

Back