Porsche 918 Spyder Weissach - In Stock Now

Matt, Tanvir and David such a shame missing out today, but we'll get another chance on Brunts.

I heard from Ken they started turning up the power on my car and had to stop at 205, they could barely brake in time... On Brunts I think 245 is well in reach.

David - it was a pleasure to meet you too. It was a shame you missed the 918 but we'll hopefully see yours in action at Brunters soon.

Matt.

that's impressive that you could real one in, I took mine on the M6 toll last night in HL mode 70 to xxxxxx.....not been in anything faster......

that's impressive that you could real one in, I took mine on the M6 toll last night in HL mode 70 to xxxxxx.....not been in anything faster......

918 will murder everything off the line, but Matt's car is quite a bit more powerful than a 918, when up in speed it will reel a 918 in and go past. Previous Vmax I only ran my car in lowest power setting and still comfortably beat LaF, Veyron etc.

I went up against the 918 twice - first time i was over the line ahead of the 918 and pulling away , the second the 918 crossed the line first but the 918 was definitely being reeled in . If we were at Brunters it would have been 2-0 to 9e over the line no question at all as Dunsfold is only half the length but the 918 definitely won on the beauty stakes.

Henrik - sorry you couldn't make it today, you would have been worried at lunch time as you were not in your normal first place.... Winding the boost up did the trick after that - and yes the braking was a bit interesting. :D:D

Therefore a 10 year old car which has done 100 miles is NOT an NMT, and so long as VAT has been paid in the EU, no UK VAT is due on import.

Not correct......

The fact that the 10 year old CGT has done under the 6Klms means that the NMT test has been met, end off VAT has to be paid on purchase price import to the UK....QED.....

The Eu VAT point is a side show that's up to Eu seller to recover or what ever......

This is why me and Sam did not buy the CGT, the VAT on top put the car to dear....

As an in the round point, there are some circumstance's in which a NMT vehicle does not attract import VAT.....ie, armed forces, disabled person, but for present purpose if it meets NMT vat to be accounted for in the uk on import,

Last edited:
I went up against the 918 twice - first time i was over the line ahead of the 918 and pulling away , the second the 918 crossed the line first but the 918 was definitely being reeled in . If we were at Brunters it would have been 2-0 to 9e over the line no question at all as Dunsfold is only half the length but the 918 definitely won on the beauty stakes.

Henrik - sorry you couldn't make it today, you would have been worried at lunch time as you were not in your normal first place.... Winding the boost up did the trick after that - and yes the braking was a bit interesting. :D:D

Haha Matt, I think Gary was a little intimidated driving my car, I told them by lunch to increase power from 4th and onwards :) I have had my fun at Vmax, you should have won. Wonder what speed the 918 was recording, they are bloody quick cars.

Looking forward to run them side by side on Brunts.

The word" new" was my word, like I said the act was amended that is why Andy was able to import cars in the past under 1k and not pay Vat.....

10 years was an example, I found a CCT we very low miles under 1k, late last 2004 car in Spain good price, by coincidence another member on here found the exact same car. We both decided not to purchase due to the VAT......

728 is very clear...2.2 is the section.....

No point arguing with you mate. It's not an Act.

Here it is for anyone who wants to read it. It could not be clearer really. Now maybe your "out" here is that you are a car trader? In which case section 8 applies to you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ansport/vat-notice-728-new-means-of-transport

Not correct......

The fact that the 10 year old CGT has done under the 6Klms means that the NMT test has been met, end off VAT has to be paid on purchase price import to the UK....QED.....

The Eu VAT point is a side show that's up to Eu seller to recover or what ever......

This is why me and Sam did not buy the CGT, the VAT on top put the car to dear....

As an in the round point, there are some circumstance's in which a NMT vehicle does not attract import VAT.....ie, armed forces, disabled person, but for present purpose if it meets NMT vat to be accounted for in the uk on import,

Yes this is correct, found the mail my VAT man sent me regardingthe Cgt :

View attachment 57760

What's the difference Baf?
Some carbon wing bits and the wheels
View attachment 57757

Here is a better Pic......
Changed my mind , this happens every 5 minutes
Matt
Nice to have met you, sorry I had to leave at lunch have to go to Eu tonight, on the 918, Think you have to alter the angle of the rear wing once you hit 120, in HL mode ie its at a very aggressive..
Hs, car was so fast, I want on of those yellow 9E stickers for my TTS
Mate cutting the rear wing off with a hack saw won't make any differenc e , I think you truly don't grasp how fast the z9x cars are . At bruntingthorpe the Vikings car will be 100 metres in fron to you at the beams . One hundred metres mate

No point arguing with you mate. It's not an Act.

Here it is for anyone who wants to read it. It could not be clearer really. Now maybe your "out" here is that you are a car trader? In which case section 8 applies to you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ansport/vat-notice-728-new-means-of-transport

You are wrong, both conditions have to be met as you can clearly read in the VAT Notice 728 you just quoted...

A car is NOT considered a new means of transport if it has more than 6 months AND it has travelled more than 6000 kms...a 10 yrs car that has 100miles on the odometer will be considered a new means of transport by HMRC hence liable to pay VAT in the UK even if this has been paid already in another EU member state. It's your care after you paid VAT in the UK to ask for a reimbursement in case VAT was already paid in the EU country of first registration! Been there, done that...many times!

image.jpg

The word" new" was my word, like I said the act was amended that is why Andy was able to import cars in the past under 1k and not pay Vat.....

10 years was an example, I found a CCT we very low miles under 1k, late last 2004 car in Spain good price, by coincidence another member on here found the exact same car. We both decided not to purchase due to the VAT......

728 is very clear...2.2 is the section.....

Sorry I've just re read this and you are right. A car is not new if it satisfies both conditions. I'd missed the NOT bit of the new.

Please accept my humble apologies.

I will accept (once you are spanked tomorrow) your apology in advance by you taking out a full page advert in a national newspaper confirming 9e rules, other I will have to get Thorneys lawyers to work first thing Monday morning. For god sake don't break down on the way tomorrow - no excuses D you better show up - I can feel a viral video coming up :D

so what was the result ?

Sorry I've just re read this and you are right. A car is not new if it satisfies both conditions. I'd missed the NOT bit of the new.

Well, glad we all got that one sorted.

Now back to Ken's stupendously fast cars!

No problem, this CGT threw me, due to the low miles it was a barn find, I did hope that there was a way round the NMT, but not so even though it was 10 years old, me Sam, DK engineering and Tom H all tried but the VAT just killed the price,

Matt, Tanvir and David such a shame missing out today, but we'll get another chance on Brunts.

I heard from Ken they started turning up the power on my car and had to stop at 205, they could barely brake in time... On Brunts I think 245 is well in reach.

Yes, it was sad to hear you had a Delhi-Belly in France(!)...you were missed on the runway....though it looks like Gary may be a faster driver than you ;)

Back