Porsche 918 Spyder Weissach - In Stock Now

respectfully P, don't think you have understood the "new means of transport" from an intercommunity trade point,

If its under 6k klm its VAT, does not matter if its zero rated its VAT to be paid( accounted for) in UK, does not matter if the car is 10 years Old. its captured via the 728, 2.2 below 6kKLm miles...

The 6 month rules kicks in when say the vehicle has done 10k miles with in 6 months of being 1st new, then its not classed as new so no Vat....

Have a look at Section 728, 2.2,

This is not correct. There is no such thing as a "new means of transport act 728, section 2.2"

See NOTICE 728 (not Section 728). Andyb/***** have it right. UK VAT is due only if the vehicle is a New Means of Transport (NMT). An NMT is a vehicle that has BOTH;

Travelled under 6km, and
Is under 6 months old.

Therefore a 10 year old car which has done 100 miles is NOT an NMT, and so long as VAT has been paid in the EU, no UK VAT is due on import.

This is not correct. There is no such thing as a "new means of transport act 728, section 2.2"

See NOTICE 728 (not Section 728). Andyb/***** have it right. UK VAT is due only if the vehicle is a New Means of Transport (NMT). An NMT is a vehicle that has BOTH;

Travelled under 6km, and
Is under 6 months old.

Therefore a 10 year old car which has done 100 miles is NOT an NMT, and so long as VAT has been paid in the EU, no UK VAT is due on import.

I have just imported a goat I bought for one million quatloos ( planning to Sell to Malton) under 6k miles and 6 months old .
I can confirm Alpinestars is correct

Travelled under 6km, and
Is under 6 months old.

The word" new" was my word, like I said the act was amended that is why Andy was able to import cars in the past under 1k and not pay Vat.....

10 years was an example, I found a CCT we very low miles under 1k, late last 2004 car in Spain good price, by coincidence another member on here found the exact same car. We both decided not to purchase due to the VAT......

728 is very clear...2.2 is the section.....

Last edited:
The word" new" was my word, like I said the act was amended that is why Andy was able to import cars in the past under 1k and not pay Vat.....

10 years was an example, I found a CCT we very low miles under 1k, late last 2004 car in Spain good price, by coincidence another member on here found the exact same car. We both decided not to purchase due to the VAT......

728 is very clear...2.2 is the section.....

6 kms + under 6 months.

The 10 year old CGT was not under 6 months, only limb of the argument satisfied the NMT rules. Alpinestars explains it well.

Apolo, you are a high frequency car transactor and will know better.

6 kms + under 6 months.

The 10 year old CGT was not under 6 months, only limb of the argument satisfied the NMT rules. Alpinestars explains it well.

Apolo, you are a high frequency car transactor and will know better.

P,
Its not even a debate, the law is crystal on this see below, with regard to your Limb test, its not and or, its just and, I should have set it out better, but like said at the time no sleep in 24hrs...You are correct I have completed 10s of 1000s of inter community trades, since 80s......

"A motorised land vehicle is not new
when more than 6 months have elapsed since the date of its first entry into service (see paragraph 2.3), and
it has, since its first entry into service, travelled under its own power for more than 6000 kilometres."

just arrived back have go to Spain tonight I was in TTS nothing stayed with me up to 100, most I saw was 175 at the brake point...
did not see a 918

V max have been posting videos this afternoon of one there and announced 9ex as having the highest speed 205

Just got back from vmax at Dunsfold. A much shorter track than Brunters- hence lower top speeds.

Henriks car did 205 this afternoon, my car (also a 9eXX) did 200.2 .:yeah:

Early afternoon Schmee turned up with some Dubai registered cars including a 918 and F12.

I went up against the 918 and he left me for dead for the first 100 metes as I had to pull away in second. After that I t was neck and neck upto 150 and after that my car was hauling the 918 in. We did two runs and both times the 9eXX recorded the faster speed but the way the 918 left the line was incredible.

So a 1,2 for 9e - big thanks to Ken for looking after my car and also for Craig for organising another excellent event.

Matt

Just got back from vmax at Dunsfold. A much shorter track than Brunters- hence lower top speeds.

Henriks car did 205 this afternoon, my car (also a 9eXX) did 200.2 .:yeah:

Early afternoon Schmee turned up with some Dubai registered cars including a 918 and F12.

I went up against the 918 and he left me for dead for the first 100 metes as I had to pull away in second. After that I t was neck and neck upto 150 and after that my car was hauling the 918 in. We did two runs and both times the 9eXX recorded the faster speed but the way the 918 left the line was incredible.

So a 1,2 for 9e - big thanks to Ken for looking after my car and also for Craig for organising another excellent event.

Matt

Matt
Nice to have met you, sorry I had to leave at lunch have to go to Eu tonight, on the 918, Think you have to alter the angle of the rear wing once you hit 120, in HL mode ie its at a very aggressive..
Hs, car was so fast, I want on of those yellow 9E stickers for my TTS

David - it was a pleasure to meet you too. It was a shame you missed the 918 but we'll hopefully see yours in action at Brunters soon.

Matt.

Back