Moving electricity transformers/poles on your land?

Only the solicitors are in a "no lose" situation... ;)
Yes true! :)

Keep us........posted mate!!!!!
Will do

I have to say my recent experience with Western Power Distribution has been exceptional. We live in a small development with 13 other properties and over the years our power supply has been getting worse and worse with drop outs that lasted on occasion 24 hours. We also had constant fluxes where power would spike and send a few devices silly. It came to a head towards the end of last year when we had a major outage needing roads digging up and then rebuilding to original standard. All of this was done in 48 hours, involving crazy paving and a complete new circuit. Two days later I got a call from a chap who runs our area (happpy to share his details if you have Western Power as your provider) who spent 40 minutes taking me through their plan of action, which involved changes in routing, new poles and new cables across fields and a bloody great lake!

I got a call one morning from him saying we are going to do a visual circuit check today and you would, if you were home, know when they are doing it. Sure enough 2 hours or so later I hear a helicopter and look out of my window to said chopper hovering over the cables checking them out! Bright yellow thing with Western Power on it. Two weeks later I am leaving for a meeting and there is a MASSIVE low loader in the car park with a power generator on the back. This was off loaded, set up and installed so they could change our circuits but ensure we got no disruption! Came back in the evening and said PSU had gone, we had new poles installed (in keeping with age of buildings) and perfect power ever since.

This is a little different but this is without question one of the best experiences of these things I've ever had.
We have SSE. Stupid Shitty Electric company

I'm confused, we have a line on our land with about 6 poles, am I entitled to be paid for it?
Check your deeds. If they have an easement / way leave, they have every right to have them there. If not, they should be paying you rent or if they really are a problem for you, you can ask to get them removed or put underground. Hence why we are where we are now!

I'm confused, we have a line on our land with about 6 poles, am I entitled to be paid for it?

Yes - I get paid for every pole and pylon on our land - it's not a lot though but adds up if you have a lot

Mobile phone masts are great 15-40k per year depending on how much kit they hang off them

We are going through the process of claiming for high voltage lines crossing our property..( no equipment actually on the property ) ..we are awaiting a decision to be made by the courts as to the validity of this. Previously only physical equipment ..poles etc could be limed for. The outcome may affect large numbers of people in the future .

The system needs reform - phone and power pay a pittance based on their old nationalised status they can put poles where they want, access when they want and pay a statutory way leave hardly worth the paperwork

Mobile phone companies pay market rate , 10-40k for a mast vs the £50 or so you get per pylon

Power and phone are private companies now so why should they enjoy protection from market forces that ,oboe companies don't ?

Western Power are coonts! We are having to upgrade our supply to 3 phase as we are going to be running heat pumps as well as 27kw of solar pv panels. Won't budge an inch on their price which is 3x as much as initially estimated, and won't let us doing any of the trenching or cabling which would save us money due to the pv and the fact that we will be putting back into the grid and not just taking out which gives them the hump.:wall

Back