MOTON Damper offer

henry, yes would be very happy to work with a GT2, what are your initial thoughts on the suspension ?, have you had it on track yet ?
I must admit that my view of the car overall on the road is that it handles very well, but not driven one on track yet...

We would have to revise the damping and spring rates for the GT2 with the extra weight, but sure it would be a welcome addition...

Excellent...have had the car on track at Silverstone and Sean was very impressed when he drove it on a wet track...feels as if the damping is better than on my old 997 GT3 and the rear breakaway feels more progressive. Still understeers at the front end...this is no doubt partly my fault and something for the young one to dial out as much as possible on next day teaching me...however the new suspension would help sort this as well...I ideally want good road settings and a good track setup to maximise my time speed and enjoyment.

Was not thinking of doing the suspension yet but this seems like a good opportunity to get a good product that is set up properly.

Would also look at changing wheels at same time.

My thoughts are to do get the handling of the car spot on before looking at an increase in the power...best to have a car that can get the power down mid corner rather than going slowly round corners and then opening the taps on the straights!

Henry

If anyone is still interested in my original offer to be the first in the UK with a set of the latest Clubsport 'piggyback version', I now have a set in my hands....at last....:wall

MOTON have been extensively developing and testing the product over the past few months, and they are now satisfied the product is ready for sale.

The dampers are designed for a 7GT3, RS or GT2 version, I am keen to work with someone that will appreciate the quality product, and look forward to attending a track day to assist with the set-up and optimisation.

Attachments

offer is now spoken for :thumbup:

I will update with results once the car/client have tested to a conclusion

As has been discussed quite controversially, the new MOTON Piggy back damper (bump cannister mounted within damper housing, rather than remotely) will be available for March delivery.

I would like to work with 2 Porsche owners, one a 997RS, and one a 997GT3 in the initial stages so that we can get the products into the marketplace.

The offer that I make is that I would allow 15% discount on the damper set, which retail at €3895 + VAT.

Tech 9 will contribute the labour charges for the installation of the dampers and the geometry optimisation FOC.

I will attend FOC personally to a track day, or track days, whatever is required to ensure that the optimal settings are found, and the client has the confidence to make the adjustments themselves, and understand the changes in the attitude and balance of the car.
I feel this is such an important aspect of the service, as wet or dry conditions, and various circuit grip levels and layout, mean that the perfect setup for one track, can lead to others being compromised.
Only with prior experience of the different adjustments and findings can a driver be confident for future trackdays.

I have decided that this will not be on a first come, first served basis, but the owner that I consider can give us the best feedback (maybe they already tried another aftermarket brand) and is committed to a number of trackdays during the year. I thought I would mention this, to be clear from the start.

So, I look forward to hearing from anyone interested to take up my offer ?, either PM, or email to ph@tech9.ms, or even the old fashioned verbal communication on 0151 4255 911.

The offer is now back on, as I had a commitment from a fellow member, but due to unseen circumstances they had to cancel.

I look forward to hearing from an owner that would like to work with us and benefit from our offer

there was a great guy ready to play . he would have driven it well , given you great feedback , good advertising and his sheer fantasmagorical glowing anuus alone would have got you at least seven billion customers ( especially if we gave them all a copy of big boobs bonanza :yeah: )

Baf you interested then ? Phil is ready to rock and roll and has the dampers in stock!

Back