MOTON Damper offer

cheers matey i wasnt trying to sell anything i just want you to have an idea of what im about . i am sure people are beating your door down to do it .
1/ sorry mate didnt mean come to my house i was thinking logistics of being so far
2/ great
3 didnt know what bloody foc was :dontknow: ( thought it was anuus related )
4 great .
5 no . that would be unreasonable but frankinsteins monster shouldnt pay either ?
6 i have instruction . that i think is why i have improved a great deal .
i have video of 2.09 ' s around silly in traffic with standard suspension and have done 210's with sean edwards in the car .in the 997 and around 54's at brands indy in 993 rsr ( 430 bhp toyo 888). i think im probably a little quicker than that now .
mate to be honest with you you should be paying me to run them as i am guinea pig/frankinsteins monster .but i will settle for free dampers and maybe a small set up charge at the end should i decide to keep them .
7 . do now :shame:

what do you think ?

theres non fight harder theres non fight longer :muscles:

Have to agree with this - thought this kind of stuff should be given free considering.

Have to agree with this - thought this kind of stuff should be given free considering.

maybe if I was the manufacturer, and stood to gain from all sales, then I could consider.

At the end of the day, I am only an agent for their product, and make a small margin percentage from each product I sell.

I calculate that for each person I support, this will effectively be around £1500 worth.

I tell you that to make £1500 net profit from selling damper sets, I have to sell quite a few, this equation is fairly exponential if I then give free product.

so, to summarise, NO FREE PRODUCT, although a guarantee of money back if customer not satisfied..

For what it's worth, I think it's a very good offer - I can't believe you'd expect them for free.

You are getting a decent discount on a quality set of dampers, and free support/installation/backup from a very well respected race team (not just some fly-by night 'tuner').

Hi Phil,

Only thing I'd add to support Baf is on all his trackdays he is having tuition from highly respected instructors such as Honorific Mike. Therefore you will be getting data from two drivers and one with a serious amounts of race experience.

I don't think you can put a price on that sort of feedback and agree with the guys that 15% isn't really a good incentive even with the set up being free. There's numerous people that Baf knows who are experienced in setting up race cars so he already has access to this kind of expertise.

I understand you can't offer the dampers FOC as you are a distributor and not the manufacturer but there has to be more room then the 15% because I feel you'll be getting a lot more in data, feedback and publicity with the likes of Baf and Mike at the wheel.

My two pennies worth but I do understand both sides :tu

For what it's worth, I think it's a very good offer - I can't believe you'd expect them for free.

You are getting a decent discount on a quality set of dampers, and free support/installation/backup from a very well respected race team (not just some fly-by night 'tuner').

Agreed, can't believe people actually think they can wangle them for free. Phil still has to pay for them. There are plenty of my clients that will jump at that deal as it is:rolleyes: I will speak to a few of the good ones Phil today.

Hi Phil,

Only thing I'd add to support Baf is on all his trackdays he is having tuition from highly respected instructors such as Honorific Mike. Therefore you will be getting data from two drivers and one with a serious amounts of race experience.

I don't think you can put a price on that sort of feedback and agree with the guys that 15% isn't really a good incentive even with the set up being free. There's numerous people that Baf knows who are experienced in setting up race cars so he already has access to this kind of expertise.

I understand you can't offer the dampers FOC as you are a distributor and not the manufacturer but there has to be more room then the 15% because I feel you'll be getting a lot more in data, feedback and publicity with the likes of Baf and Mike at the wheel.

My two pennies worth but I do understand both sides :tu

He doesn't need data from a racing driver, as he is one himself and has great technical knowledge.. Plus he is my manager and I am always will to help him out in any way.

He doesn't need data from a racing driver, as he is one himself and has great technical knowledge.. Plus he is my manager and I am always will to help him out in any way.

It wasn't a pop Sean, just trying to get Baf the best deal :tu

Last edited:
Sorry folks didn't mean to upset the apple cart. Perhaps it's my Mediterranean background that means 15% would be at the least, a standard discount I'd ask for anything I'm buying. :D

I was recently contacted by another company to help test a 4 way damping kit - it was FOC for everything. Only stipulation was that I either give the gear back at the end of the 12 months, or I buy it for 50%.

Regardless, I'll do the honourable thing and back out of this conversation.

They way I see it is that if there is a new entrant in the market trying to make a name, then promo free products would be a tactic they might try, but here we are talking about Moton. probably the most respected aftermarket dampers in the world. Asking for them for free is a good try, but destined to failure methinks! It still looks like a good deal for anyone considering upgrading their standard set up.

Just wish I was more flush and I would splash out on a set for my 996 ;)

Sorry folks didn't mean to upset the apple cart. Perhaps it's my Mediterranean background that means 15% would be at the least, a standard discount I'd ask for anything I'm buying. :D

I was recently contacted by another company to help test a 4 way damping kit - it was FOC for everything. Only stipulation was that I either give the gear back at the end of the 12 months, or I buy it for 50%.

Regardless, I'll do the honourable thing and back out of this conversation.

Yeah, but another way to look at it, is how much would it cost to buy a set of dampers and get a respected race team along everytime you took the car out to set the car up and teach you how to get the best out of them ? Any team will charge you a minimum of a grand a day. Graham Gleeson head of Exe-tec who built our Cup car dampers for the Ring normally charges £2,500 a day plus expenses for his time.

I think that makes Phil's offer look pretty generous to me !

well , all joking aside id love to have a try of this offer . think i will learn a great deal .
phil if i fit the criteria please send me a pm . cheers :D

Yeah, but another way to look at it, is how much would it cost to buy a set of dampers and get a respected race team along everytime you took the car out to set the car up and teach you how to get the best out of them ? Any team will charge you a minimum of a grand a day. Graham Gleeson head of Exe-tec who built our Cup car dampers for the Ring normally charges £2,500 a day plus expenses for his time.

I think that makes Phil's offer look pretty generous to me !

Guy, put that way you are right, it puts things into a different perspective.

Phil,

Would you extend this offer to a 997GT2?

henry, yes would be very happy to work with a GT2, what are your initial thoughts on the suspension ?, have you had it on track yet ?
I must admit that my view of the car overall on the road is that it handles very well, but not driven one on track yet...

We would have to revise the damping and spring rates for the GT2 with the extra weight, but sure it would be a welcome addition...

henry, yes would be very happy to work with a GT2, what are your initial thoughts on the suspension ?, have you had it on track yet ?
I must admit that my view of the car overall on the road is that it handles very well, but not driven one on track yet...

We would have to revise the damping and spring rates for the GT2 with the extra weight, but sure it would be a welcome addition...

The car is the bollox on track, love it!:yeah:

Back