Autostore Sales - 2011 McLaren MP4-12C

I think the market is changing. These cars are video game fast, yet pretty much unusable to anywhere near their full potential on the roads without getting locked up. Buyers are looking for ‘character’ now I think, something that is still fun/rewarding to drive without having to do light speed.

Like an old Ferrari 308 or 328...though apparently they drive like old dogs!

I think the market is changing. These cars are video game fast, yet pretty much unusable to anywhere near their full potential on the roads without getting locked up. Buyers are looking for ‘character’ now I think, something that is still fun/rewarding to drive without having to do light speed.

Yeah, but Harrods!!!!

Well its not like the economy is flying... Meanwhile cars have just got more and more expensive.

The economy doesn't need to be flying for a percentage of individuals (mainly those with capital) to be able to buy a bunch of expensive 'assets'.

No one seem interested in any car that’s not an investment or at the least “safe money” these days

I find it a bit sad
There are many types of car enthusiast for a non investment purchase that would require a driving enthusiast which is rare.

Surely you would be more cautious on spending on expensive toys when the economy is down.

Depends on person's source of income I suppose. I expect there are plenty who have more than they can ever spend, others who have counter cyclic sources of income, those who have cashed out etc.

E4A6C388-A656-43C7-B948-948F55E0EEC1.jpeg

996 C4S clearly where it’s at!

Practical too...

Did you buy this 12C Clive?

no, i was tempted as its a lot of car for the money and want something to bash around the ring 3 or 4 weeks a year

came to the conclusion that if I started using it hard on track / ring etc it would probably start costing a lot to run with those kind of mile already on it though, better to stick brakes and suspension on the e92 I just bought

Back