Autostore Sales - 2011 McLaren MP4-12C

The McLaren extended warranty is £6k p/a, but an absolute must! Always seemed odd that the McLaren warranty was more than double Ferrari's extended warranty for a 458. Clearly McLarens have many more claims! ;)

Bonkers that this 2011 car is only a grand more than a 2003 Porsche 996 GT3. To me that just highlights how daft old Porker prices have become. That 996 was a £40k car not that long ago.

I disagree that the Mac warranty is an absolute must as it's really dependent on the car. 12Cs get bad press but after initial niggles and once you sort some essential bits out the car is very reliable. I have had less issues with mine than other cars I have owned. Quite frankly 5-6k a year buys you a lot of maintenance by an independent such as Thorney or Backdraft. Saying that I do only circa 2.5-3k miles in mine but a few of the guys here have been with me on Euro road trips and the car has been fantastic with no issues at all. Touching lots of wood now after typing the above.

Reactions: tim
Lovely car although, i am not sure i would take the risk. Plus i'd be petrified to put any more miles on it.

Personally I think that would be a great buy if you actually want to add miles on it and hold for a good while. At the mileage it is at it has probably had any niggles sorted.

It is becoming a bit that way it would seem.

Not really, you can read it that way if you want.

Just pointing out the car may not be the performance bargain some are saying it is.

But what do I know, just voicing an opinion.

warranty just under £4k for year 4 and just under £5k for year 5 onwards.

Correct. Come on crampers... your in the game !!

Be interesting to see how much for the 488 warranties are when they launch. Not surprised the 458 warranty is cheaper. It’s a far more basic car.
I’m sure I’ll get gunned down in flames... but 12c is far more in line with ride quality and performance of a 488 than a 458

Love mine - so I’m taking up my own stock !!

Back