Autostore Sales - 2011 McLaren MP4-12C

its value is just doing what car values always use to do ....... depreciate

I know this has become an odd concept and hard to accept or understand for many !

Lot of car for the money, and the mikes mean you coyly use without a care in the world and so what if its 50k in a couple of years time ? if it is the buyer would have had a couple of years fun without spending a fortune and the next owner at 50k will continue that trend

these cars are priced properly, its the other stuff (Porsche especially) that isn't these days

It's odd to me that most people these days seem to buy cars like this and then park them for 1 to 6 months, then sell them. I have NEVER been able to comprehend that. For some it's due to work and lack of opportunity and that I get (Anis for example...though he is also a lesbian) but it's also for the fear of losing too much, probably because they are massively overpriced in the first place or due to the fact that traders/dealers/knobbers will paint a worry in the market about miles....the great "well is could go wrong big time" FUD factor.

This Macca is great value. They are superb cars, go like stink and at this money will not shit too much cash, certainly nothing close to a new 570S and all that worry about costs to run are probably bollocks on a well sorted 12C. FUD has become the issue today, painted by interested parties to up their values, move people to the cars they have to sell, or to sell shit at mad prices because "you are lucky to get one".

These are all facts.

These are getting very affordable now, I would just buy one and bugger the warranty.
Everyone will need to do that soon as the warranty can’t go on for ever.
How hard can it be to repair ? It’s just the parts cost that will smart a bit .

These are getting very affordable now, I would just buy one and bugger the warranty.

no harder to fix than any car I guess but i also guess the parts are not cheap and life span is an unknown

how many miles can a gearbox or engine do in a car like this and what does a new one costs for example ?

If the running costs were reasonable the warranty wouldn’t cost so much...

To be fair my warranty was less than 1K to renew it on the R8.

Suspect Audi underwrites some of the risk. Clearly Macca are unwilling which speaks volumes...

I fear they will run out of customers as they seem to be happy to burn them all. Shame as I li,e the product!

..plus being lazy in not updating the old price / showing what discount has been applied. etc etc

Bonkers that this 2011 car is only a grand more than a 2003 Porsche 996 GT3. To me that just highlights how daft old Porker prices have become. That 996 was a £40k car not that long ago.
That was exactly my thinking too. After seeing Annis' car at the 'ring last weekend, £82k for one of these is a great buy for a supercar.

That was exactly my thinking too. After seeing Annis' car at the 'ring last weekend, £82k for one of these is a great buy for a supercar.

Good to see you as well Rob. You met the full crew and every single one of them commented on how it's just a brilliant all round supercar. Amazing on a road trip, fantastic on the twisty stuff around Nurburg and effortlessly quick around the Ring in the right hands.

82k is obviously for a high miler though so cars under 20k miles would go for more than that although looks like values keep continuing to drop.

lol at "high miles". I sold my 996 GT3 club sport with 70k miles on. I'd jump at a well-used 12C if it's been looked after.
Should have jumped in the passenger seat for a lap if you're up for it...next time :-)

I think the market is changing. These cars are video game fast, yet pretty much unusable to anywhere near their full potential on the roads without getting locked up. Buyers are looking for ‘character’ now I think, something that is still fun/rewarding to drive without having to do light speed.

I think the market is changing. These cars are video game fast, yet pretty much unusable to anywhere near their full potential on the roads without getting locked up. Buyers are looking for ‘character’ now I think, something that is still fun/rewarding to drive without having to do light speed.

Agree. It’s a bit like the 991.2 Carrera T versus Turbo S argument. People are turning to the former I think.

Back