2WD dyno power runs

Ninemeister

Anyone looking for a FWD or RWD car dyno run on our Bosch chassis dyno the dyno has been setup ideally for Porsche 911's but we do have cooling fans setup for front engine cars as well.Cost of a dyno power run and assesment would be £80.50 inc vat.Dynos generally should be used as tuning tool.I have attached a couple of pictures of the dyno setup will go through later and get a picture of the blower fan setup for the rear engined cars.

Attachments

• P1020088.JPG
    P1020088.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 18
  • P1020089.JPG
    P1020089.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 17
  • P1020090.JPG
    P1020090.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
This could well be a foolish n00b question, but are the silver and purple cars turbos? And if so, aren't they 4wd on the 993?

Not being a porkman, I have no idea but they do have turbo written on the back but the rear wheels are going around and the front are not. Transmission to the front disconnected?
:dontknow:

You are correct they are turbos that have had the torque tube/propshafts removed and converted to run 2WD.This can also be done on 996 turbo.

*** PLEASE NOT WE CANT RUN TIPTRONICS ON OUR DYNO***

You are correct they are turbos that have had the torque tube/propshafts removed and converted to run 2WD.This can also be done on 996 turbo.

*** PLEASE NOT WE CANT RUN TIPTRONICS ON OUR DYNO***

Thank god for that ... thought my already limited lack of knowledge was about to be kicked down another notch when I found out there was a 2WD 993 turbo :D

Peter
Do you have a fan arrangement to blow air to the front oil coolers ? Also another one to blow air to the intercooler on 964/993 Turbo ?

On 996/997 Turbos do you have two fans for their intercoolers ?

On the Motec set ups, does CB use "Det cans" or is someone externally listening for detonation, or do you have a 9M knock sensor arrangement ?

A

Allan,

We do have two big fans at the front of the cars for oil coolers if needed which are mobile and can be directed toward the side of the intercoolers on 996/997 turbos.We do have a large ducting system that is overhead specifically to work blowing air on the top of 911 engines.

With regards to the motec Colin does have enabled within the motec software for internal lambda datalogging and does use the Motel PLM to check as well.The knock control Colin uses is his own arrangement :D

Allan,

We do have two big fans at the front of the cars for oil coolers if needed which are mobile and can be directed toward the side of the intercoolers on 996/997 turbos.We do have a large ducting system that is overhead specifically to work blowing air on the top of 911 engines.

With regards to the motec Colin does have enabled within the motec software for internal lambda datalogging and does use the Motel PLM to check as well.The knock control Colin uses is his own arrangement :D

Good chaps

A

Back