Red looks fantastic on this V8

Damon

King Kong
Been looking forward to doing this car. I really like the S4 Avant in Misano.

This one has the Milltek exhaust which sounds fantastic and really allows the 4.2 V8 to breathe.

It belongs to JT on here. Caught a quick glimpse of his 997 Turbo too, very nice.

Having just bought the car JT knows about how badly people look after cars after I helped him with his M5.

This one is badly swirled and had the most water blade induced scratches of any car I've worked on :(

Paint correction sorted this out, so I thought I'd post some picks of the proces...

Swirls are hard to see in red by pic, but look at the blurring around the halogen lamps

IMG_8311-vi.jpg

IMG_8312-vi.jpg

Paint correction is done using a machine polisher. Using varying degrees of cutting pad and different cutting levels of polish I have to find the least abrasive combination that removes the defects. This way I am only removing the minimum of clearcoat and never reducing the paint finish to a level that could endanger the integrity of your cars finish.

IMG_8313-vi.jpg

Polished applied and ready for cutting....

IMG_8314-vi.jpg

I will spend about 5 minutes machine polishing a 18inch square section at a sufficient speed to build up enough heat to activate the cutting agents in the polish. Once the polish is broken down it begins to go translucent/clear and is ready to be removed with a microfibre

IMG_8315-vi.jpg

And the defects have been removed :tu

IMG_8316-vi.jpg

IMG_8317-vi.jpg

More

IMG_8318-vi.jpg

IMG_8320-vi.jpg

Then the Swissvax Cleaner Fluid was applied to remove any remnents of polish and lay the bonding agents for the Swissvax Divine wax.

Leaving the car looking rather special. I REALLY like this car in this colour.

IMG_8328-vi.jpg

IMG_8329-vi.jpg

IMG_8336-vi.jpg

IMG_8338-vi.jpg

IMG_8344-vi.jpg

IMG_8345-vi.jpg

IMG_8349-vi.jpg

IMG_8355-vi.jpg

IMG_8357-vi.jpg

can now enjoy it fully, knowing the swirls have been banished

i HATE swirls.

thanks again mate, you rock.

the mrs will now do everything in her power to make sure she gets it back to shit state as soon as poss!!

:wall

lol!

lovely car G..bit small, but good none the less..

if it doesnt work out, i'll be in touch!

manual.

mpg is a touch ott but doesnt do any miles so its incidental.

millteks are creamy (resonated catbacks), and the kit levels are great. bluetooth and disc changer going in tomorrow hopefully.

rns-e nav is excellent.

only real down side is room. four adults and child seat into s4 doesnt compute that well, but not a real regular occurence so we will see as they say.

am in no rush to make any real descisions, but will move for the right vehicle....whens that v12 diesel Q7 out?

am just glad the paintwork is now sorted!!

Back