Porsche 993 GT2 RHD - £POA

T'is, funny. Have just put down this month's Octane and was looking at this car advertised in their thinking, that's the first time T9 have been in this publication and the I switch PGT on and it's on here today too. I would have thought that you would have tried digital media before the publications tbh as you must have placed the ad with them a few weeks back I would have thought Phil.

T'is, funny. Have just put down this month's Octane and was looking at this car advertised in their thinking, that's the first time T9 have been in this publication and the I switch PGT on and it's on here today too. I would have thought that you would have tried digital media before the publications tbh as you must have placed the ad with them a few weeks back I would have thought Phil.

Nick, we have advertised in Octane prior. It depends what stock we have to sell, Octane is not really the marketplace for TECHART vehicles, and if we have a suitable classic or rare car, then print media is one of the many platforms that we use.
Its interesting that you make the comment, as we are gradually moving away from print media and each year the budget in this area is less and less, but there remains a loyal following certain publications, so it's a task to try and get the balance right

GLWS, I think it is a lovely car the 993 GT2 and can understand because of the limited number the price to some extent. However if I had the money it would be spent on this because nothing else would compare to this 993 Turbo - described in magazine as "It feels like no other 911 I've driven" with true 577ps @ 6410rpm, (Porsche Din dyno tested), it is everything the GT2 should have been. Simply stunning and the owner (a friend) does not drive it anymore, which is a shame. Just sits in his garage.

993rs.jpg

IMO just about perfect.

GLWS, I think it is a lovely car the 993 GT2 and can understand because of the limited number the price to some extent. However if I had the money it would be spent on this because nothing else would compare to this 993 Turbo - described in magazine as "It feels like no other 911 I've driven" with true 577ps @ 6410rpm, (Porsche Din dyno tested), it is everything the GT2 should have been. Simply stunning and the owner (a friend) does not drive it anymore, which is a shame. Just sits in his garage.

View attachment 33355

IMO just about perfect.

Now that is Just bloody lovely! Is he selling it then?

View attachment 33355

IMO just about perfect.

Ken, I agree, we have looked after that car for 10 years plus, it's a great car, am amazed it has not sold, as the investment in the specification is at least more than double the asking price

Rarity and desirability drive the market and the prices now that rare cars like a 993 GT2, RS models etc are making is quite tough as once they reach these heights, they become investment pieces that rarely get used.
Having looked after the GT2 we are selling for the past 15 years, will be sad to see it leave, will probably end up being exported - I can say that the owner of the car has used and enjoyed it very much, but he accepts that the value of the car prohibits his future enjoyment, hence the sale.

Ken, I agree, we have looked after that car for 10 years plus, it's a great car, am amazed it has not sold, as the investment in the specification is at least more than double the asking price

Rarity and desirability drive the market and the prices now that rare cars like a 993 GT2, RS models etc are making is quite tough as once they reach these heights, they become investment pieces that rarely get used.
Having looked after the GT2 we are selling for the past 15 years, will be sad to see it leave, will probably end up being exported - I can say that the owner of the car has used and enjoyed it very much, but he accepts that the value of the car prohibits his future enjoyment, hence the sale.
seen that car advertised a few times over the years - it's stunning

Now that is Just bloody lovely! Is he selling it then?

i don't think he will unless of course the price is right. He has owned it since 96 and it only had a few miles on it from the previous owner. He has spent a fortune on it and even the body work has been improved upon the standard gt2 - even has a different roof on it with work done to make the aero better. Attention to detail is second to none. Fully respray again when the roof was done. 3.8 fully built motor with proven endurance tuning from RS tuning in Germany. It has secan intercooler on it which was 10k alone!

It is difficult to value but 90-100k is probably where he would be persuaded. He was going to sell it and it has been with some places but in all honesty I don't think he wanted it sold.

I kept telling him to take it out and drive the thing but the paintwork is perfect now. Like a new car.

This is better in every perspective than a gt2 but in the end it is not a gt2.

K.

That is the issue - when they get so valuable it stops the owner driving it because of the mileage.

I know you have looked after it. Had the pleasure of it at vmax before. I don't think I could bear to part with it and told him that - told him to put some bloody insurance on it and drive the thing especially since his other car is under development again at RS.

K.

The blue car is gorgeous, we had it for sale for a while but people seemed to be scared off by the level of mods, £187k worth, even though we were going to warranty it for a year, bumper to bumper. It is absolutely superb and would be high up my list of cars to spend good money on.

View attachment 33355

IMO just about perfect.

i don't think he will unless of course the price is right. He has owned it since 96 and it only had a few miles on it from the previous owner. He has spent a fortune on it and even the body work has been improved upon the standard gt2 - even has a different roof on it with work done to make the aero better. Attention to detail is second to none. Fully respray again when the roof was done. 3.8 fully built motor with proven endurance tuning from RS tuning in Germany. It has secan intercooler on it which was 10k alone!

It is difficult to value but 90-100k is probably where he would be persuaded. He was going to sell it and it has been with some places but in all honesty I don't think he wanted it sold.

I kept telling him to take it out and drive the thing but the paintwork is perfect now. Like a new car.

This is better in every perspective than a gt2 but in the end it is not a gt2.

K.

I want.. very badly. Part-ex for SLS :D :D hush the wicked demons.. hush hush.. MUST go lie down in a darkened room.

If I had won the Euro millions last night I would have bought both. Alas I did not!!

So I will just have to continue being a huge fan of the 993 GT2, for me an iconic porsche with huge presence and plenty muscle.

GLWTS I would love to have enough front to pretend I could afford one and come for a test drive:whistling:

Back