Autostore Sales - 1976 Porsche 930 Turbo

Surely that's 100k overpriced?!

It's easy to see why people arrive at these numbers. They look at what a genuine 2.4S or a 3 litre or a 2.7RS is making and pitch it above a 2.4S and below a 2.7RS.

It was an iconic car and brought loony performance to the masses. GLWS to the OP. Let's not forget they are a forum sponsor and simply trying to make a living.

I however also feel that a LHD 930 is at best a £35k car.

Dot.com bubble = every wannabe Gordon Gekko living with their mum chucking in every penny they have

Real Estate bubble = every home owner with some equity in their house suddenly wants to become Peter Rachman to bore friends at BBQs about their property portfolio

Car so called bubble = Wealthy (some very) people buying up a number of finite produced or no longer produced cars for enjoyment and or investment. Not like back in 2008 when finance companies were lending people on £15k pa £35k to buy a 355 / 360 / 911.

Collectors (not flippers) on here perhaps are a good indication of the real market. IF you cars were to half in value overnight, would you lose your house and be out on the street or would it just sting a bit until you next go out for a drive???

It's easy to see why people arrive at these numbers. They look at what a genuine 2.4S or a 3 litre or a 2.7RS is making and pitch it above a 2.4S and below a 2.7RS.

It was an iconic car and brought loony performance to the masses. GLWS to the OP. Let's not forget they are a forum sponsor and simply trying to make a living.

I however also feel that a LHD 930 is at best a £35k car.

Thank you for the feedback (and everyone else). Yes it is an expensive car but when you compare similar LHD cars on mobile.de the owner felt it was well priced. We will however pass this feedback to him.

Obviously with SOR cars we give a professional input on pricing but we leave the final decision with the owner.

As has already been said, its worth what someone is willing to pay. We just brokered a 7000 mile 996 GT3RS for a client that went for well over other cars on PH but it was the right car for that buyer.

Keep the feedback coming though... good or bad! :)

Dot.com bubble = every wannabe Gordon Gekko living with their mum chucking in every penny they have

Real Estate bubble = every home owner with some equity in their house suddenly wants to become Peter Rachman to bore friends at BBQs about their property portfolio

Car so called bubble = Wealthy (some very) people buying up a number of finite produced or no longer produced cars for enjoyment and or investment. Not like back in 2008 when finance companies were lending people on £15k pa £35k to buy a 355 / 360 / 911.

Collectors (not flippers) on here perhaps are a good indication of the real market. IF you cars were to half in value overnight, would you lose your house and be out on the street or would it just sting a bit until you next go out for a drive???

I know a couple of people that have a few cars chuckied up to the hilt on the basis that they are investments! If business takes a down turn or the market softens they will have to go! when dealers start turning cars away as they don't want three of each model sat on their forecourt gathering dust prices will tumble and that will knock on to the older stuff! Nothing lasts forever, all this talk of this time it's different is, well, Historically when has any market rallied without at some point crashing? Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't no matter how you justify it and I'm pretty sure the reasoning for a crash will come out of left field, something completely un-related. As warren buffet says, the good times always last longer than people expect which gets more people sucked in. We could have several years of this market still to come,..... just don't be surprised if we don't!

I know a couple of people that have a few cars chuckied up to the hilt on the basis that they are investments! If business takes a down turn or the market softens they will have to go

More fool them! I wouldn't leverage my last pennies on anything whether it be Apple stock, art or wine.

And 'a couple of people' isn't really indicative of the market.

I work in it and have done for 20years now, and since a client turned down a F40 I had for £120k as "it will drop in price" and the McLaren F1 buyer at £850k who also turned it down because "they were only £650k a few months ago" I Have grown weary of of the armchair experts trying to tell everyone what will happen. Markets move and they move down. Fact of life, it's just the percentage of what those are deems bull or bear.

Last edited:

Well said.

Thank you for the feedback (and everyone else). Yes it is an expensive car but when you compare similar LHD cars on mobile.de the owner felt it was well priced. We will however pass this feedback to him.

Obviously with SOR cars we give a professional input on pricing but we leave the final decision with the owner.

As has already been said, its worth what someone is willing to pay. We just brokered a 7000 mile 996 GT3RS for a client that went for well over other cars on PH but it was the right car for that buyer.

Keep the feedback coming though... good or bad! :)

Needs detailing ;)

More fool them! I wouldn't leverage my last pennies on anything whether it be Apple stock, art or wine.

And 'a couple of people' isn't really indicative of the market.

I work in it and have done for 20years now, and since a client turned down a F40 I had for £120k as "it will drop in price" and the McLaren F1 buyer at £850k who also turned it down because "they were only £650k a few months ago" I Have grown weary of of the armchair experts trying to tell everyone what will happen. Markets move and they move down. Fact of life, it's just the percentage of what those are deems bull or bear.

Leverage is not that bad per se... In fact credit makes home ownership possible.... Tell me you didn't save until you could afford to buy your home for cash.... ;)

The rest I agree with you... I could never consider cars an investment. But for people that did, clearly the last decade has been fantastic.

At that concours in the city last Friday and looking around the southerbys stand and in rolls this fund manager saying he's putting together a fund for some cars and needs to chat to someone... can see he's in front of the curve. I almost choked. Should have got his card I could have sold him a cortina with one green door as a special

At that concours in the city last Friday and looking around the southerbys stand and in rolls this fund manager saying he's putting together a fund for some cars and needs to chat to someone... can see he's in front of the curve. I almost choked. Should have got his card I could have sold him a cortina with one green door as a special

I have yet to see or meet a fund manager who has the slightest idea of how it all works. This guy talking to Sothebys is like a chef walking into a fast food convention announcing "I want to talk to someone about opening the best steak restaurant in the world"

Back