Porsche 911T 1969 for sale

Thread resurrection

I’ve been trying not to sell the car / after I posted here some things changed and it was not necessary but I had promised the wife that I would sell :(

I’ve managed to hold out for 3 years

anyway anytime anyone came near the car I just put them off ;) and then I put the price up just to be sure.

before November someone contacted me , opening up a new dealership in KL and wanted the car as centre piece for the turntable :mad:

I politely answered questions etc.
Then more questions
And more questions

And then nothing until between Xmas and new year and they came back and made an offer I could not refuse :(

so sadly I am losing her from the showroom - she leaves at 09:00 tomorrow and is no longer mine

they have promised to post some photos once she gets to KL ( Malaysia)

a sad day but bank account is not complaining :)

Would you restore one again, knowing what's involved now?
That really depends on whether it was for myself or was in the process for 9e.

from a business perspective doing a restoration like this means that customers needs to have deep pockets if they want a proper restore. Personally with cars like this, matching numbers etc, good documentation you need to be sympathetic to the restoration. As much of the original should be retained - to give example i am happy to say refurb the seats with time period materials or put in a new carpet set, but if you take the door bins, even on this car, they were not straight due to usage, so I like that - it adds character, but you replace the elastic so they work. And this is where the money rocks up - where do you stop because let’s face it, any 30-50 year old car, you could argue to replace all the parts on the car.

we don’t get involved in paintwork - actually I hate that side but fortunately there are a few talented and respected restorers on that side. Unfortunately they are few and far between. Unless the car is dipped and then from there restored it is also going to need attention.

engines, gearboxes, running gears all need doing. Fuel systems need completely ripped out and replaced without exception, although you are retaining the core mfi, csi etc or what it is based on.

so, nice example rebuild to our standards, gearbox refresh, wevo stuff, suspension, interior and you are taking £50k to £70K.
Body work I would say £20k.

add donor

To answer the question yes if you fall in love with the car but you need as an owner to really understand how days and days of labour can be consumed on the most trivial of items to be restored

Back