Me and my Boat

Chris

Odin, Father of the North
Boat Blog

Ordered boat from South Africa...in November...just arrived..:wall what a night mare...but cheap approx 50%..:)

However, this is a bare boat with no engine etc...

The console and seats are not fitted to the deck, so I have been busy doing the following..

Removed underfloor Fuel tank, and drilled through pre-prepared section to enable cables and fuel pipes to be routed to the engine to make it neat as opposed to running in a big trunk accross the floor..

Fitted the tank back, but it has no fuel sender, so I've ordered a sender and will be fitting and then sealing the floor hatch, then mounting the console and connecting up the various bits of kit...

I've ordered a Honda BF150 2.4 litre Vtech 4 stroke...(£11.5k) with all the gauges and prop etc, the prop has been selected to give 50 knots and 5000rpm...top rpm being 6000...so it should fly...

I should have the lot done by end of August, however, Judi is due to give birth on the 25th Aug so there might be a delay in the build...

That should keep you busy for a while mate.

You could put a Porsche engine in it for cheaper than that :D

Sounds interesting Chris - should keep you out of mischief :D

Didn't get an idea what size of the boat is ........... Just thats one helluva outboard your putting on it - I assume you've checked to make sure its not too big ;)

Less than 2 wks to go before Daddy Ward - excited ?

It's a 5.5m rib....that should take 10 people...cramped i must admit...

If you guys want to come down when it's done, I have spare Scuba gear and Wake board too...

Just let me know and we can meet up and get wet...:rolleyes:

Gastro said:
Sounds interesting Chris - should keep you out of mischief :D

Didn't get an idea what size of the boat is ........... Just thats one helluva outboard your putting on it - I assume you've checked to make sure its not too big ;)

Less than 2 wks to go before Daddy Ward - excited ?
Max for the boat is 115 hp....but the Honda 4 stroke is the lighest, so another reason for the choice...this boat should fly....I'm used to squeezing things in that are too big so no problem for me...:tu

Fuel sender now arrived, along with LED Nav lights....

Tomorrow night I will be mostly fitting them...

Chris said:
Fuel sender now arrived, along with LED Nav lights....

Tomorrow night I will be mostly fitting them...

Mate, you are toooo clever by half, i'd end up paying someone to do a bad job that:rolleyes:

You'd be proud of me today, i actually fitted a wing mirror glass now:rolleyes:

Manthey Man said:
Mate, you are toooo clever by half, i'd end up paying someone to do a bad job that:rolleyes:

You'd be proud of me today, i actually fitted a wing mirror glass now:rolleyes:
Mate, I am proud of you....did you put your overalls on to do it....

Ok and update on the boat

Fitted the Fuel sender, fuel pipes and fuel breather...

Ordered and fitted the GPS Garmin 298c and Icon 421 Radio....

Gauges for the Engine come this week...(two gauges £1000 :eek: )

Fitted lights and Radio Ariel...

Getting it togther....

Back