I think London will be quiet tomorrow

Chris

Odin, Father of the North
I've been working away all week, just in case....to be honest I'm not bothered but my Mrs wanted me to stay away incase anyone wants to celerbrate 7/7 again.

Have to say I try and keep out of London as much as possible this time of year anyway, too bloody hot to be riding the tube

know what you mean on both counts ........ I'm more than happy that I now take the overground x 2 to work then across london bridge

I never use public transport any more, I'm very luckly that I have that option, I certainly wouldn't want to be commuting day in day out again.

Not sure I follow the logic that 7/7 of any year is any more dangerous than any other day. Fact is that there is a heightened police presence in London on 7/7 and the days before so these are going to be the last days any terrorist act is going to take place (they aren't so stupid as to risk it when they know they have a better chance on other days)

I rarely have need to go into London but would not hesitate to do so on any day. What ever will be will be and all that - I don't believe for one moment that any of those 52 people who died last year never thought about the dangers and look what happened to them.

As far as not using the underground then that makes no sense either - the underground is probably going to be one of the safest places to be from now on. If you really want to worry about something - next time you are queuing up with hundreds more people at heathrow check-in, consider the size of a bomb you could get in a large suitcase and then think how few people it would take out to wipe out all those hundreds of people in that terminal and just how easy it is to get a large suitcase (or a trolley full of them) to check-in without being caught ;)

See - anything could happen. Next time you are sat in your offices think how easy it would be to get a hire van packed full of fertiliser, park it on the road outside and blow you and your colleagues sky high.

... of course, you can think about this if you like, or you can just get on , live your life and consider the fact that your name is either down on 'gods' list to be blown up or it isn't and there is sod all you can do about it so stop worrying!!

James,.

jcremonini said:
Not sure I follow the logic that 7/7 of any year is any more dangerous than any other day. .

Because some lunatic fanatic may choose to "mark" the anniversary of the bombings!

I appreicate your point re just getting on with life James but if I can remove myself from possible danger then I will.

It doesn't mean I'm hyper cautious in all matters but having used the tube for years always with a certain uneasyness (it was more the threat of the IRA when I was working in town) if I can avoid it I will ;)

I also check in for flights on the internet and check in luggage with great haste I then head straight through to the members lounge when ever possible when flying, paranoid me??? ;) :p

I'm going on a ferry on Sunday as I head off on the Cannonball Run and you will mostly find me on deck!!!! and I've been practiciing my swimming :p

Back