I think Im going mad!

subarugirl

Banned
Take That tickets went on sale at 9am today. I have been on the phone and internet for a total of nearly 6 1/2hours trying to get tickets for one of the london gigs. Ha bloody ha!
Ticket touts snapped up most of them (although god knows how cos you are only allowed to buy a maximum of 6 per person for the whole tour) and had them on ebay by 9:15 asking between £300 and £700 for 2 tickets!!! I hate that they can do this cos the face value of the tickets is either £25 or £45 depending where you are sitting and genuine fans like myself and my friends cant go cos these bloody b******s buy all the tickets and hike the prices up so only very few people can afford them! Its not fair.
I have found one website that still has a few tickets left (rubbish seats but its the atmosphere - its just absolutely buzzing at a TT concert and besides they have big screens that you can watch the action on) but every time I try either the phone or the internet,its either engaged or times out and kicks me off!!!!
I really wanna scream!
The things us TT fans do huh?
anyone any ideas on how I can actually get through and get tickets?

My Missis has had the phone on redial all day too! :out

No luck as yet

Although 4 of her mates have secured tickets today

There is a pair of tickets on ebay now, has 53 minutes left, going for £13700!!!!!
Bear in mind the face value of these in particualr tickets is £45 - you can see why I get annoyed with this, cos after all the time and effort I spent trying to get tickets, this guy was lucky enough to get some, when he doesnt even want them, so that he can make ridiculous profits.
But be warned, if anyone does buy tickets from ebay, they will not be allowed in to the concert!
Apparently an official warning has been issued.
I have also, like many of the other girls off the take that forums, signed a petition and complained to watchdog about how distgusted we all are with how these things can happen.

Subarugirl, I agree with you. They are 'simply' GREEDY bastards! They are disrespectful.

They are a bit silly......:wall

Just a bit of an update, there are 2 tickets for the MEN on Dec 10th and 4 tickets for Birmingham on 16th Nov both currently at £100,000!!!!!!!
This is getting really ridiculous now!
And its getting me more worked up that I couldnt get tickets.:sad:

Don't get worked up. They probably aren't real tickets or a real auction.

For 100K you could fly anywhere in the world in 1st class at least 10 times and stay in a decent hotel and see them several times at each venue.
No one will pay that money for one event in the UK.

You could get a bloody private viewing for that - just call the record company.

I think the £100,000 bid is probably just a joke. There is no way anyone would pay that when all you need to do is turn up on the night with a £100, a barbie doll and a packet of sweets. Any one of the thousands of 8 year olds there will accept that.

Maybe now you haven't got tickets, you can spend the money on having your ears cleaned out :p

James.

You could get them to perform in your front room for the amounts that some of them are going for. The pair for the MEN is now at £250,100. Its just flaming ridiculous. And the 4 tickets for birmingham is still at £100,000

probably real fans trying to spoil the touts auctions.. ebay will no doubt remove the tickets in due course. ;)

Well on tuesday evening, my friend from newcastle managed to get tickets for her, me and our other friend to go to london.
I think it must have been some people ordering more than they were allowed and the companies finally going through all the bookings as it said you were only allowed to purchase 6 tickets per person for the whole tour on all the websites that were selling tickets, it explained that if you bought more then all your bookings would be cancelled and refunded without warning.
So we now have tickets to see the boys on the first night of the O2 dome (29th Nov) and my 2 friends are seeing them in newcastle on 27th Nov. So Im gonna be leaving at least 2 kids with dave :p (emma and new baby, as new baby should be about 1month by then).
so excuse me now but . . . . .
Im going to see take that!!!!! sorry:)

congrats,

personally think Take That:rolleyes:

Was glad when they became

Thats That;)

Missus loves them though, that bloody Gary Barlow is such a pompus arrogant big head:wall

congrats,

personally think Take That:rolleyes:

Was glad when they became

Thats That;)

Missus loves them though, that bloody Gary Barlow is such a pompus arrogant big head:wall

Firstly cheeky beggar its better now that they are back - hundreds of grown women running round feeling like teenagers again !!! hehe Plus on the up side (but only since Robbie's solo stuff has got a bit shite lately) Take that are way out selling Robbie and his new releases are charting a lot lower - like his latest offering apparently number 17!

Secondly I do agree about Gary - although he is always nice to the fans (Jason on the other hand is very reluctant to sign autographs or have photos taken, and its like hello we put you where you are today!)

Genuine question - now they are in their mid 30's can you tell me what, exactly, is the point of Jason and that Howard guy being in the band ?? They don't sing (they pretend to, but it's going to be either that fat ones voice or the short guys voice you will ever hear so what is the point?), they surely can't get away with being 'dancers' anymore either can they ?

I feel sorry for the Lard Bucket Gary - he's the only one with an ounce of talent out of the 4 of them and yet he has to share his salary with those other hangers on.

James.

Genuine question - now they are in their mid 30's can you tell me what, exactly, is the point of Jason and that Howard guy being in the band ?? They don't sing (they pretend to, but it's going to be either that fat ones voice or the short guys voice you will ever hear so what is the point?), they surely can't get away with being 'dancers' anymore either can they ?

I feel sorry for the Lard Bucket Gary - he's the only one with an ounce of talent out of the 4 of them and yet he has to share his salary with those other hangers on.

James.

Before I start Im sure Dave will tell you that you have now started me off!
If Gary is the only one with talent then how come his solo career lasted a grand total of 3 singles before he resigned himself to writing for other people? Mark had a more succesful solo career with 7 singles (although only 5 of them made it into the top 40). Howard is a very successful international DJ and Jason, after Take That the first time round, went back to college and university before travelling the world bettering himself. Howard and Jason can still dance very much so in fact - have you even seen the ultimate tour dvd? They even breakdance on a few songs! Yes they dont dance as much as they used to but they are 38 and 36 respectively now!
And Howard sang 2 songs on the Beautiful world album, which have been performed live and sound just the same, and Jason even sang one of the songs, called Wooden Boat, on the beautiful world album. Yes Mark and Gary do sing more of the songs but Howard and Jason sing too. And all the guys dance (despite Gary's dislike of dancing!). Im sure you couldnt pull off half the routines they do.
So dont start being nasty or taking the p**s out of them cos I bet you could do no better.

Oh and in case you hadnt guessed I get very touchy when people are nasty about the guys!

Thanks for the support!
I can talk for hours about Take That - just ask Dave - so everyone pull up a chair, get comfy, and Ill begin!

If Gary is the only one with talent then how come his solo career lasted a grand total of 3 singles before he resigned himself to writing for other people?

I said 'an ounce of talent' ;)

Mark had a more succesful solo career with 7 singles (although only 5 of them made it into the top 40).

What you mean is he sang songs someone else penned for him - you could do that. You don't need talent to release records, all the talent is in the lyrics/composition.

Howard is a very successful international DJ

LOL - Being a DJ is not exactly using any of the 'talent' he may have given to Take That is it ?

and Jason, after Take That the first time round, went back to college and university before travelling the world bettering himself.

LOL - that is classic 'actually I just bummed about really, waiting for Fat Gary to invite me to dig up the band again'. You don't REALLY believe that bollocks , please tell me you don't ??! :out :out

Howard and Jason can still dance very much so in fact - have you even seen the ultimate tour dvd?

Oddly enough, no.

They even breakdance on a few songs! Yes they dont dance as much as they used to but the are 38 and 36 respectively now!

WOW !, really ? I'll take it all back then.

So dont start being nasty or taking the p**s out of them cos I bet you could do no better.

Now we agree - the same, but no better ;)

Oh and in case you hadnt guessed I bet very touchy when people are nasty about the guys!

Really ? - I hadn't noticed :rolleyes:

<steps back from the lighted blue touch paper>

Back