For the last 50 Minutes

That looks a lot more pleasing on the eye than that group of munters I saw in your office this afternoon Jez!

Have you got an ugly stick to beat your staff up or what ?

TBH it really suprised me its the second 430 I've driven but this has ceramics plus is F1

I couldnt believe how tractable it is in traffic - I felt you could easilly drive it every day, select neutal is easy and in auto mode it feels strange to have the howle out of the back.
Anyway less of the traffic on the local closed private road it goes very well and the noise is to die for - I had really forgotten how good they sound in sport mode theres a crack BANG on every gear change. I think my X50 would out drag it but TBH I'd gladly sacrifice the difference ;)
Brakes - WOW is all I need to say - feel, performance etc etc

Another thing that surprised me was the turn in its very precise even on a choppy road and you dont get the overwhenming sensation of its going to oversteer at any minute it just grips and goes (Different story with cold wet tyres I'm told) It feels very neutral and actually confidence inspiring just like a 911! :eek:

Have Ferrari finally made an everyday car?

Jez

skitt said:
Cheaper than a Lambo though surely

Lambo 7.5k mile service £900

Lambo 15k mile service £2000

Not many people will do 15k miles in a Lambo in 12 months, therefore I would say circa £1500 p/a on average over a 3 year period to service a Gallardo is about right.

Assuming the Type E clutches are now sorted, there souldnt be too many clutch issues going forward either.

Why oh why oh why oh why didn't Lambo make the nearly perfect Gallardo RWD? Silly buggers. Dopey Audi still carping on about quattro being a performance fitting, perhaps?

Give me a Gallardo with 1350 kg and an engine that actualy makes its published power, and bin the stoopid 4wd system and no Ferrari would get a look in. :tu

First post on here - but you seem like a friendly bunch ! - recognize a lot of user names from PHeads and the MLR

A friend of mine has a F430 (as you know Jez !) which I've driven on a number of occasions and I've got to say it changed my opinion of Ferrari - it has the carbon rotors and they are pretty awesome

It's one of the most sublime driving machines I have had the pleasure to drive and probably the only thing that would prize me out of my GT3 ! - feels very light in the GT3 way that I like soooo much

TCB said:
First post on here - but you seem like a friendly bunch ! - recognize a lot of user names from PHeads and the MLR

A friend of mine has a F430 (as you know Jez !) which I've driven on a number of occasions and I've got to say it changed my opinion of Ferrari - it has the carbon rotors and they are pretty awesome

It's one of the most sublime driving machines I have had the pleasure to drive and probably the only thing that would prize me out of my GT3 ! - feels very light in the GT3 way that I like soooo much

Welcome buddy :tu:

Get posting, as i'm getting out numbered by these bloomin' CSL owners:eek:

They're everywhere:wall :)

TCB said:

Welcome Clive

Glad to see you here

Jez

Back