DMS defender

cool car baf!! you could wrap it in some cool safari-wrap ya know :)

body-wrapping-4_big.jpg

Guys don't forget I have worked in this business. Seriously 90% is this approach, anything else is wasting your time and eating into the profit margin.

Presumably these stock maps are fine though depending on the source? May as well download from FVD though right as they are 1000 quid with a lead vs paying 2k for someone to do it for you?

I doubt one for the defender would be anymore than £500. Certainly wasn't for my 3.5d X6 or X5 and he comes to me in the IOW to do upload it. Nice and simple, otherwise I have to take a day off work, catch a ferry and travel to where ever the mapper is. Much more costly for perhaps a small extra gain IMHO. The difference you get with a DMS remap is very impressive as it is.

Presumably these stock maps are fine though depending on the source? May as well download from FVD though right as they are 1000 quid with a lead vs paying 2k for someone to do it for you?

2 grand ? my god it wa no where near that :finger

Always cheaper to inject a donkey with steroids to make it faster than making a thoroughbred race horse go quicker..............

The diesel Defender lump is far from refined or optimised as standard.

I saw an 09 defender at the supermarket yesterday. Shocking looking thing for 2009. Derek+Marge want their light clusters back for the caravan!

Always cheaper to inject a donkey with steroids to make it faster than making a thoroughbred race horse go quicker..............

The diesel Defender lump is far from refined or optimised as standard.

It's also far easier to convince someone who's spend £70k on a car to part with a further £2k, then it is to charge the same for a £25k car.

From a mapping point of view, they require about the same amount of work, which for a performance only map isn't a great deal (assuming you can access the ECU).

A hummer getting stuck...

[YOUTUBE]CKjP-TvlKDY[/YOUTUBE]

A defender would be through that easily!

:D

[YOUTUBE]kjJdYjW10sI[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I have a 90 defender built professionally with a 5l V8 :asskisser: sounds awesome, there is no lag between any gears! :finger will be up for sale once I get some pictures done... can also come in any colour you wish (currently yellow)

A defender on the ANNNUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OF DOOM!

[YOUTUBE]YVGNx_tgQRo[/YOUTUBE]

What are these idiots doing????

[YOUTUBE]ti65qL4DPZ0[/YOUTUBE]

I have a 90 defender built professionally with a 5l V8 :asskisser: sounds awesome, there is no lag between any gears! :finger will be up for sale once I get some pictures done... can also come in any colour you wish (currently yellow)

details please sir !!!

Back