Detailed...

Damon

King Kong
I have had the Exige for about 18 months and have only run a washmitt over it a couple of times. I've never removed any of the track rubber or grime so it was in an awful state. Indeed it got some comments at Rockingham on how bad it looked.

So it was time to give it some TLC. I booked Iain from Finer Details to do it. Iain is based in Manchester but does operate nationally if you want to book him.

http://www.finerdetails.co.uk/

07870 503197

Its a real shame I didn't have time to take some pics this morning, but here are some pics to show off his hard work.

IMG_6288-vi.jpg

IMG_6290-vi.jpg

IMG_6293-vi.jpg

IMG_6295-vi.jpg

IMG_6305-vi.jpg

IMG_6307-vi.jpg

IMG_6310-vi.jpg

IMG_6313-vi.jpg

IMG_6320-vi.jpg

IMG_6322-vi.jpg

IMG_6329-vi.jpg

I am not using him, he's shrunk you I am sure you were taller than that at Rockingham and didnt have blonde hair!

Looks fantastic got to worth 5 miles an hour faster on the straight.

Have you booked the 16/17/18th October @ Anglesey yet ?

Even my son was impressed :D

IMG_6318-vi.jpg

I am not using him, he's shrunk you I am sure you were taller than that at Rockingham and didnt have blonde hair!

Working on the Anglesey trip ;)

Iain has put a thread together on a forum....

Shows the condition of the car before and how good a job he has done.

DSCF5510.jpg

DSCF5516.jpg

DSCF5517.jpg

DSCF5511.jpg

DSCF5512.jpg

DSCF5513.jpg

DSCF5514.jpg

DSCF5515.jpg

DSCF5518.jpg

DSCF5519.jpg

DSCF5520.jpg

The owner booked me to clean up and protect the car, he wasn't looking for the car to be restored to mint perfection, and upfront explained the wheels just needed to be cleaned over. Having said that, he is a Detailer and used to run his own Detailing business so a certain level was expected. No pressure, none more so than detailing another detailer's car!

Interior first, and lots of moving round the car, reaching in from all angles to try to reach stuff, then on to engine bay, shuts etcs. After this, wheels washed and cleaned with brite wheels, car with snowfoam and then clayed with swissvax paint rubber. Then out with the glue and tar remover, with me on the kneeing pad and cramp in my shoulders and hands once done. After this, the kestral and presta 3000 glaze, topped off with wolfgang sealant.

DSCF5521.jpg

DSCF5522.jpg

DSCF5523.jpg

DSCF5524.jpg

DSCF5525.jpg

DSCF5527.jpg

DSCF5528.jpg

DSCF5529.jpg

DSCF5530.jpg

DSCF5533.jpg

DSCF5536.jpg

DSCF5535.jpg

DSCF5534.jpg

Jesus mate, how can you treat your car so badly? Even my daily bmw gets better treatment then that:bat:

Doesn't take long to give the car a quick clean after a track day. And don't say you have no time, cause your on here a lot:finger

Looks good now, but I still think G does a better job:D

Jesus mate, how can you treat your car so badly? Even my daily bmw gets better treatment then that:bat:

Doesn't take long to give the car a quick clean after a track day. And don't say you have no time, cause your on here a lot:finger

Looks good now, but I still think G does a better job:D

Overall Sean you make some odd choices for business alliances.

:alright:

Booked the Sunday :)

Wow - that looks like a great job.....

With all the scrubbing required, did the ventureshield finish get damaged ?

How much did it cost ? - PM me if you could.......

Ventureshield held up fine. Nick covered about 75% of the car when I bought it so the car is A1.

Didn't cost too much as there wasn't any paint correction and Iain and I have worked together in the past.

I spoke to him today and he said he'd look after anyone who mentions this detail pricewise. I would say his prices are more 'real world' than some.

This car is for sale. MY08 Exige S, 220bhp supercharged, Sports Pack, lightweight wheels, Lotus Motorsport 6-point Schroth harness install, aircon, sports cat and exhaust. 2-way Ohlins, geo and corner weighting done by Tech9 Motorsport. 8k miles. Servicing and mot'ing then will put up on PH.

Back