Carrera GT - Black / Black

Yes.... more than enough to give you 3+ seconds per lap... :bat:

right but I've noticed it only picks the wheels up on left handers. I think its a driver weight distribution issue :rofl:

Anyway I like to stay 3 secs behind you as never know whether a wheel will break or you will dump all your fuel on the track :whistling:

This game is fun. :D

I remember a couple of years ago when I was at Spa with the Radical there were a couple of silver CGT's in the garage next to me, totally awesome bit's of kit, a future all time classic :thumbup:

its more than the lights . there are cosmetic differences for sure . the suspension is set up too high and there are rumours of engines putting out less power ( i dont believe this ) . most importantly you GET ABSOLUTELY NO GOODWILL FROM READING/PORSCHE UK .
i paid for nothing on my cgt i had 17 thousand pounds of rad work done for nothing . us cars are exempt from this treatment regardless of c16 conversion or not .

no darragh i am sorry you are wrong that is just an insane price for a 10 thousand mile usa import car , pure and simple .
again i would get back into a cgt and am indeed looking at 2 as we speak but i am not desperate , im patient :D
the owner must be a lunatic or just be trying his luck .
a place local to me will have a silver uk car for me soon at less miles and cost than that . its madness .
i can get you a usa car now ( silver ) with less miles than that for 240 EUROS for godsake .

Incorrect, my car was a USA car from new and Porsche Cars GB carried out several items of work on mine, including front radiators under goodwill. The criteria is that it has full Porsche Service History.

Not that it matters now, as the goodwill finishes when the car is four years old.

The suspension on all CGT was available with the +10mm ride height with longer pushrods. It doesn't affect how low the ride height can be set, just that you can increase it +10mm over standard if you want/need to.

The other differences are the orange running lights in the front PU, the lack of orange LED's in the rear lights for indicators (new rear lights £1k each) and some of the cars do not have flat plane headlight pattern which means you need to replace them.

As for the engines making less power, after running side by side with a friend who had an EU car from 60-205mph I can confirm there is no power difference.

I'd not have an issue with a USA car at all, that is providing the price is right!

Incorrect, my car was a USA car from new and Porsche Cars GB carried out several items of work on mine, including front radiators under goodwill. The criteria is that it has full Porsche Service History.

Not that it matters now, as the goodwill finishes when the car is four years old.

The suspension on all CGT was available with the +10mm ride height. It doesn't affect how low the ride height can be set, just that you can increase it +10mm over standard if you want/need to.

The other differences are the orange running lights in the front PU, the lack of orange LED's in the rear lights for indicators (new rear lights £1k each) and some of the cars do not have flat plane headlight pattern which means you need to replace them.

As for the engines making less power, after running side by side with a friend who had an EU car from 60-205mph I can confirm there is no power difference.

I'd not have an issue with a USA car at all, that is providing the price is right!

i can only go on my experience . i was categorically told that us import would not get goodwill . i was looking at 2 cgt before buying the silver car and that was the deciding factor in my purchase .
as for the goodwill , my car had all rads fixed a couple of weeks before it was killed ( i think 17 k worth of work ) it was older than 4 years at the time .

I am glad you are happy with your US car but I doubt you payed UK money for it though ?

i have already stated that i do not believe the alleged power difference that is just mythology . I agree the price needs to be right and the suspension is not an issue :D

How can replacing radiators cost £17k? Seems bloody steep. Are they made from some sort of exotic alloy? Especially when you consider how modular the construction of a CGT is. :dontknow:

i can only go on my experience . i was categorically told that us import would not get goodwill . i was looking at 2 cgt before buying the silver car and that was the deciding factor in my purchase .
as for the goodwill , my car had all rads fixed a couple of weeks before it was killed ( i think 17 k worth of work ) it was older than 4 years at the time .

I am glad you are happy with your US car but I doubt you payed UK money for it though ?

i have already stated that i do not believe the alleged power difference that is just mythology . I agree the price needs to be right and the suspension is not an issue :D

Sounds like it depends who you speak to! John M @ Reading is the guy I've dealt with and to say they've been top notch is an understatement. Goodwill ends 5 years from when the car was built not 4 - my mistake! They also did the head gaskets on mine as well as the radiators and several other little issues.

I didn't pay UK money for mine, the price started with a 1 when it was registered and SVA'd in the UK;-)

Sounds like it depends who you speak to! John M @ Reading is the guy I've dealt with and to say they've been top notch is an understatement. Goodwill ends 5 years from when the car was built not 4 - my mistake! They also did the head gaskets on mine as well as the radiators and several other little issues.

I didn't pay UK money for mine, the price started with a 1 when it was registered and SVA'd in the UK;-)

there you go , we are in FULL agreement now sir :tu

john is a great guy!!

How can replacing radiators cost £17k? Seems bloody steep. Are they made from some sort of exotic alloy? Especially when you consider how modular the construction of a CGT is. :dontknow:

From memory the three radiators are around £6k for the lot. There's a fair chunk of labour as they have to take the front of the car off to fit them.

When I had a new windscreen (under the Insurance thank goodness) that would have been over £5k.

What colour is your one ?

Did you go to a high wycome lambo meet, then up to Gaydon for 'supercar sunday' a few years ago ?

If it is the ex Jason Clay fire sale car, it will have come cheap, I was offered his Ford GT at a very good price.

120k ish

The problem is that there are very few cars in Europe.

In the US you can find them for $150k. Transport, taxes, SVA and they are not cheaper than here.

Back