Carrera GT - Black / Black

sorry mate i would but a USA car is not worth 300k . at a reasonable price i must admit , yes id do it in a flash . but no 300 big large ones for a US car thats ga ga land money :haha: :finger

What is the difference between a US spec car and the Euro/UK ones?

Some indicator changes, which affects the panels at the front I believe.
Will try and find a pic.

US
porsche_carrera_gt_in_motion_1-568-426.jpg

EU (Andy's old one :D )
800px-Porsche_Carrera_GT_-_Goodwood_Breakfast_Club_(July_2008).jpg

Think it is more than that? Headlights too maybe?

Not to mention extra wide soft seats, burger holder and tyres that squeal when cornering at 20 mph to make the owner think he is a real sports driver :D

Joking apart I heard a while ago that when Porsche sent 959's to America they had to practicaly change everything ( to the detriment of the cars performance ) which is why no one imports US models into this country due to the cost of putting them back to normal. Maybe wrong

Dion may be able to shed some light on this....:dontknow:

300k is steep, but i guess black black commands a serious premium??

id love to see baf back in one as you can see how scared he is from the first time!!

its more than the lights . there are cosmetic differences for sure . the suspension is set up too high and there are rumours of engines putting out less power ( i dont believe this ) . most importantly you GET ABSOLUTELY NO GOODWILL FROM READING/PORSCHE UK .
i paid for nothing on my cgt i had 17 thousand pounds of rad work done for nothing . us cars are exempt from this treatment regardless of c16 conversion or not .

300k is steep, but i guess black black commands a serious premium??

id love to see baf back in one as you can see how scared he is from the first time!!

no darragh i am sorry you are wrong that is just an insane price for a 10 thousand mile usa import car , pure and simple .
again i would get back into a cgt and am indeed looking at 2 as we speak but i am not desperate , im patient :D
the owner must be a lunatic or just be trying his luck .
a place local to me will have a silver uk car for me soon at less miles and cost than that . its madness .
i can get you a usa car now ( silver ) with less miles than that for 240 EUROS for godsake .

Last edited:
CGT what an epic car.

Never seen one in the flesh let alone sat it one ... counts as a fail in my life box that needs to be rectified :wall

its more than the lights . there are cosmetic differences for sure . the suspension is set up too high and there are rumours of engines putting out less power ( i dont believe this ) . most importantly you GET ABSOLUTELY NO GOODWILL FROM READING/PORSCHE UK .
i paid for nothing on my cgt i had 17 thousand pounds of rad work done for nothing . us cars are exempt from this treatment regardless of c16 conversion or not .

OK but surely now CGT are running out of warranty, no? So not matter where the car comes from you are on your own?

And if the US cars are trading at £50-60k discount that is a lot of money to set up 4 dampers...

We could always ask Dan if his buddy at Intrax is willing to work on a CGT :haha: :haha:

All of them are out of warranty, but what Baf is saying is that UK cars still get goodwill if something does go wrong whilst if it's a US supplied car they'll laugh at you. Big thing to consider where nothing on them is cheap.

OK but surely now CGT are running out of warranty, no? So not matter where the car comes from you are on your own?

And if the US cars are trading at £50-60k discount that is a lot of money to set up 4 dampers...

We could always ask Dan if his buddy at Intrax is willing to work on a CGT :haha: :haha:

nah you should talk to the guy who setup your irocs suspension :alright:

Back