Autostore Sales - Delivery miles 991 GT3RS and GT2RS

911’s are work horses, apart from the few ponzi years they’ve always cost money to use and own. You wouldn’t buy them to look at.

Still wonder why on earth buy a GT3 and GT2 and then not using. There are lots of better ways to invest than 911’s.

Anyone paying 400k for any 911 needs a head check.

I know one red 2rs that was sold for £670k early on with £370k on finance - ouch !

most sold for £500k-£525k early doors

500k I find hard to believe, its a 911 build in volume, may be a tosser or two around but thats probably it.

Early ones here sold for 440/450k Euros, I had bids in for mine before I even got it. In hindsight should have sold, would have been first time I'd ever record a profit on a car. Well, life is too short to play car dealer. Use them or dump them works better for me. I'll stick to making mobile phones for a living.

Henry tried to sell his car very early on and failed. I think the advertised price was 450k at the time, but think he wanted 400.
I guess he still has it?

500k I find hard to believe, its a 911 build in volume, may be a tosser or two around but thats probably it.

Early ones here sold for 440/450k Euros, I had bids in for mine before I even got it. In hindsight should have sold, would have been first time I'd ever record a profit on a car. Well, life is too short to play car dealer. Use them or dump them works better for me. I'll stick to making mobile phones for a living.
I know three cars that never even hit the new owner and changed hands at the OPC - £505k, £510k and £525k. UK market is very different although not necessarily in a better way.

The owner of the 670k car still has the car btw. Very rich but must be pissed at dropping £325k - stupidly thought they would go to £1m. :rofl:

I know three cars that never even hit the new owner and changed hands at the OPC - £505k, £510k and £525k. UK market is very different although not necessarily in a better way.

The owner of the 670k car still has the car btw. Very rich but must be pissed at dropping £325k - stupidly thought they would go to £1m. :rofl:

Doubt that was more than a few sales, we always hear about these big stupid sales for 911's but never come across anyone thick enough. 991 GT2 is a 300k car, not a cent more and thats being generous.

If it ever happened, hopefully over now that everyone finally realize 9'11's are big volume cars and Porsche will pump out as many as they can flog.

Very rich but financed £370k on a 911. Very stupid more like.

Btw, wonder where all the 991 GT2's went.... We only got 16 cars for NL, UK didnt get that many either, same for Germany, supposedly they made 2.500+ of them, where are they ??

Round EUR (incl UK) I know to 15+ who got them, only a few liked them and they love them, rest of the chaps dumped them quickly. I am kinda in between, think its not a great track orientated car but a fun road sports car. Lack of grip on corner exit is hilarious, sideways on throttle through 3rd and 4th. The ones Porsche used for Ring cheat laps off were defo not the same cars as the ones they delivered to customers.

Doubt that was more than a few sales, we always hear about these big stupid sales for 911's but never come across anyone thick enough. 991 GT2 is a 300k car, not a cent more and thats being generous.

If it ever happened, hopefully over now that everyone finally realize 9'11's are big volume cars and Porsche will pump out as many as they can flog.
I agree, it was only a short time for the very early cars here in the UK that a few cars sold in the 600ks, then they held for quite a while in the 500ks they sold at Indys very quickly at in the range. Also worth a mention that here in Uk it was the same supply v demand issue, we had 108 cars. Even Mayfair the UK Flagship Porsche owned OPC only got 4 Customer cars, DP said he had around 75 equally good standing customer's for these 4 slots from his 6000 customer base, some very big hitters that were happy to pay " Market" price. Back in 16 on factory trip we were told that this 2RS was going to be 0/991 car just like the R was, but the board changed this due to the amount of people that got upset on the 991-R.

Know what you mean about the ring time cars being Juiced," and some" to say the least......

Henry tried to sell his car very early on and failed. I think the advertised price was 450k at the time, but think he wanted 400.
I guess he still has it?

He does still have it... Swapping in for new TS. But TS is delayed so he will probably take the GT2 back from dealer and use for our private Zandvoort days in August.

You need to come and join us... Show us how its done, humble us at our local track, bring Kevin and Alex over ;-)

I agree, it was only a short time for the very early cars here in the UK that a few cars sold in the 600ks, then they held for quite a while in the 500ks they sold at Indys very quickly at in the range. Also worth a mention that here in Uk it was the same supply v demand issue, we had 108 cars. Even Mayfair the UK Flagship Porsche owned OPC only got 4 Customer cars, DP said he had around 75 equally good standing customer's for these 4 slots from his 6000 customer base, some very big hitters that were happy to pay " Market" price. Back in 16 on factory trip we were told that this 2RS was going to be 0/991 car just like the R was, but the board changed this due to the amount of people that got upset on the 991-R.

How many do you think they build? I hear all kinds of odd numbers, varying from 1.500 to 3.000, assuming its around 2.000 but don't know. 2.000+ does not stack up in my mind considering we in EUR were relatively limited with access to it.

Would have been cool with a x of 991 limited run but understand that would backfire too much on AG.

My favorite is 997 GT2RS, what a fun car, manual, mental, no electronics, classic 911 hooligan. Hmm.... Back to classifieds now :-)

Very rich but financed £370k on a 911. Very stupid more like.

You just can’t say that surely. Mate of mine just bought an expensive car almost 100% financed because he has every last cent tied up in his business that generated over Xx% return last year, and this year not far off that. It won’t last for ever so why not finance at 6-7%.

I guess he still has it?
He actually kept it for quite a while, then gave it to Alistair Bols, who asked as a favour if he could mark it up as sold on his site when it did not sell, but it was not really sold at all, H took it back to IOM, its presently for sale at OPC IOM, his Turbo S arrives in Nov.

You just can’t say that surely. Mate of mine just bought an expensive car almost 100% financed because he has every last cent tied up in his business that generated over Xx% return last year, and this year not far off that. It won’t last for ever so why not finance at 6-7%.

Ok point taken, but tell me the purchaser of that £670k GT2RS hadn’t factored big growth in value, into his man maths. Of course he did, and it has backfired spectacularly. Now he’s stuck with a car that he likely doesn’t really want and must be reminded monthly of that until paid off. Sounds painful to me and not exactly his wisest financial decision ever made.

How many do you think they build? I hear all kinds of odd numbers, varying from 1.500 to 3.000, assuming its around 2.000 but don't know. 2.000+ does not stack up in my mind considering we in EUR were relatively limited with access to it.

Would have been cool with a x of 991 limited run but understand that would backfire too much on AG.

My favorite is 997 GT2RS, what a fun car, manual, mental, no electronics, classic 911 hooligan. Hmm.... Back to classifieds now :)
Not sure of the real Nos, the problem with this Plaque cars 0/991 idea, was the USA 918 VIP lot, as in so that they could move the 918 they dangled the carrot to 918 buyers, that they could have first Dibs on any Ltd build car for 10 years, so this meant that 278 of the likes of the 991 R had to go to the USA, this was aside to the normal USA customer's that did not bother with the 918. With upcoming OPCs opening in emerging markets this 0/991 No was never enough so they had to do away with the 991 Plaque idea, on the 2RS. I did hear that the they made around 1650 2RS in total.

Makes sense and I agree ~1.600 could be the number, would be surprised if there really was 2k+ cars made. Once you come to terms with the distinct turbo whistle and the odd exhaust sound, its a very good and fun road sports car.

Back