Any Jazz fans here?

Hendrik

Boy Racer
Hello,

A friend of mine just called me and said that she put us onto the guestlist of a Jazz concert tonight. I said I'll get back to her within 1 hour if I want to do it.

Never been or really listened to a Jazz concert. Is it worth going? What do you do there? Dance? Drink? etc?

I normally listen to House music only so I am open to anything, just want to know if Jazz is any good and if its worth going there...

:confused: - Hendrik - :confused:

Bitch - she now does not want to go cause the weather is so shit. :wall :out :wall

Hopefully I can still convince here to change her mind, was really looking forward to it, and it starts at midnight which makes it even more interesting.

Fucking woman and weather! :evil:

We are well into Jazz. I used to have a Jazz promotion company before I met Pete which I done as a "hobby".

What type of jazz? Or the name of the artist/band?

Bina

I guess I will never find out which band it it and how great it is going to be.

Can you tell me some famous Jazz artists so that I can listen to some of their songs just out of curiosity.

Appreciate it,

Hendrik

With Jazz there are many, many categories from the mellow "cool" to the really technical stuff and everything in between.

Go onto Itunes and look up jazz. There you will find many categories and just select them at random. It will give you a feel of whats out there.

I often do just that to see whats new. I'm more into the european jazz, stuff which has alot of beat and I steer clear of traditional which I find very boring unless you are drinking a pint of cider with blackcurrent and a drambuie depthcharge.:evil:

Ok, seek these out ...

Brian Bloomberg - Its About Time. Really great album.

Chris Boti - First Wish

Gato Barbieri - Cristiano - fab track

Don Laka - Naomi

Jamie Cullum - pretty middle of the road, but great artist

Lonnie Liston Smith - Expansions (great classic)

Back