Bangin Tunes!

Seems like there is a bit of a DM theme going on here. I have every DM album and most of their singles. I think they are getting a little stale nowadays though (Playing the Angel was hardly their greatest - that is 101 or Music for the masses)

Anyway - a little quiz. What was the first track DM ever layed down , commercially, on Vinyl ?

James.

jcremonini said:
Anyway - a little quiz. What was the first track DM ever layed down , commercially, on Vinyl ?

James.

Not too sure but must be something from Speak and Spell?

I tell you what, like his music or not, Vince Clark is a bloody clever and talented guy - 3 commercial successes: - Depeche Mode, Yazoo and Erasure

Similar probs..

Been getting rather bored with my Ipod to and from work, have now gone back to basics (only 36) so tend to leave playing the Greast hits of Basement Jaxx (which is just about everythg they ever did) I have found I can listen to every track without bordom, same can be said to the Killers albumn Hot Fuss and the greastst hits of Blur other than that I am listening to a third of whats on each CD then moving on.

...Ian

jcremonini said:
Simon,

Something from Speak or Spell ,yes.. the question is 'what' and 'where'?

James.

"Dreaming of Me" wasn't it James?

That or "New Life" anyway.

Last edited:
Hot Fuss is a superb album, one of my faves. I'll be listening to Foo Fighters, In your Honour in the car on the way home this evening, another excellent album. I really like Snow Patrols new album as well.

James S said:
"Dreaming of Me" wasn't it James?

That or "New Life" anyway.

Dreaming of me was their first single, yes, but not the first thing they ever put on vinyl commercially.

James.

DMC said:
Start listening to Radio 2.. You're at that age now..

:scared:

I hate to admit it, but suddenly apart from chris moyles on r1, I have found all commercial radio a turn off and I'm suddenely listening to the news et al on Radio 4 !

wonder if my midlife crisis is starting ?

Last edited:
Sundeep said:
I hate to admit it, but suddenly apart from chris moyles on r1, I have found all commercial radio a turn off and I'm suddenely listening to the news et al on Radio 4 !

wonder if my mislife crisis is starting ?

Yep. Sounds like it... :old: :whistling:

anissut said:
Hot Fuss is a superb album, one of my faves. I'll be listening to Foo Fighters, In your Honour in the car on the way home this evening, another excellent album. I really like Snow Patrols new album as well.

The quieter cd of the two of in your honour is fantastic! Best album last year behind Louis XIV- best little secrets.

Back