The old "insurance at the 'Ring" topic again

and that thing from 'nurburgmotorsport' was a load of old horse shit. It provides 'cover' for armco damage.

not for 3rd party liability.

It is all explained quite well here.. you wont be "uninsured" - you will have 3rd party cover.. but the insurer can come after you to recover costs.

Similar to a lot of track day policies if you read the fine print they only cover "body work" some also charge a £125 admin fee before they will look at the claim!

There have been a few high profile recoveries recently :(

One the damage to the armco, cars etc was under 30k yet the overall recovery from the policyholder was over 90k

Similar to a lot of track day policies if you read the fine print they only cover "body work" some also charge a £125 admin fee before they will look at the claim!
There have been a few high profile recoveries recently :(
One the damage to the armco, cars etc was under 30k yet the overall recovery from the policyholder was over 90k

So......... other than hiring a car from RSR et-all, what options do we have?

And I bet there was no third party death claim either on that one. Doesn't bear thinking what the size of a claim could be if there is a death involved.

And I bet there was no third party death claim either on that one. Doesn't bear thinking what the size of a claim could be if there is a death involved.

I think having to support someone for the rest of their life could prove costly too

So Jez, do you offer cover for TF days? i.e. fully comprehensive, including Armco, 3rd Party and so on ?

Got 2 guys going who are asking me ?

Edit: ok bit more research seems to suggest that nobody offers insurance for TF.. although it seems they cannot avoid their obligations.

http://www.leeds-solicitors.com/nurburgring_insurance.html

but they can/will come after you for the money if they pay out. Talk to Craig! on here, who I think may have experience of that?

but they can/will come after you for the money if they pay out. Talk to Craig! on here, who I think may have experience of that?

You're right there Andrew, legally they can not exclude 3rd party cover as it IS a German public road.... however (and this has been seen on a number of cases) the insurance company can then sue the individual to recover the payout under their terms and conditions of excluding the Nordschleife (plus of course their legal costs, etc, etc...)

Track day with track day insurance is the safest option. I hired from RSR this year, but even then the excess if you have an accident is almost as bad as not being insured (save a personal injury claim!)

try rent4ring next time perhaps?

their excesses are quite low.

rent4ring.com said:
The insurance excess for the Stage 1 and 2 Swifts is 2.500 Euros and 5.000 Euros for the Stage 1 and Stage 2 Corsas.

This means that you are liable for all damages caused on and off the Nurburgring while you rented the car up to this amount. Lets say you booked a Stage 2 Swift and the damage is 10.000 Euros. In that case you would have to pay 2.500 Euros, the rest would be covered by the insurance.

Back