TECHART claims overall victory in the Tuner Grand Prix 2009

pht9

Boy Racer
Top times for TECHART at this year’s Tuner Grand Prix at the Hockenheimring race track. Behind the wheel of the TECHART GTstreet RS based on Porsche 911 GT2, racing driver Jörg Hardt left the competition with no chance and won the duel in the GT Turbo class. This meant that he was able to repeat last year’s victory. The sport auto Tuner Grand Prix is one of the world’s largest trial of strength in the tuning sector.

The TECHART-modified 911 GT2 won with an average lap time of 1:08.037 minutes over five laps driven around the small circuit of the Hockenheimring race track. This means that the team drove precisely 0.604 seconds faster than the team in second place, and went on to claim overall victory for all the classes entered. Thanks to modified VTG turbochargers, the engine generates 700 bhp / 515 kW at 7,000 rpm and puts down a maximum torque of 860 Nm onto the tarmac at 4,500 rpm. The car is capable of top speeds of up 350 km/h.

Besides the driving skills and high-performance engine, the decisive factor for this victory was above all the perfectly tuned suspension. In collaboration with the technology partners Bilstein and Michelin, the height-adjustable TECHART sports suspension was perfectly tuned to the circuit.

For the time trial, the TECHART team opted for high-performance Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires on account of the summer temperatures. Running on the single-piece TECHART Formula GTS light alloy rims in the dimensions 8.5Jx20 at the front and 12Jx20 at the rear, the Michelin tires ensured outstanding grip. The winning driver, Jörg Hardt, who has been racing successfully in motor sports for years, was utterly impressed: “The car had been prepared extremely professionally for the event. The tires performed steady and kept a very high level during the whole competition”.

In addition to the victory in the GT Turbo class, Jörg Hardt and the TECHART team also performed exceptionally well in the Coupé / Cabriolet-turbo class. The TECHART GTstreet R Cabrio on the basis of the Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet took first place like last year. Achieving a time of 1:09.601, the car had a 3.186 second advantage over its competitors.

Jörg Hardt perfected the triumph by coming first in the SUV class. The TECHART Magnum, based on the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, was entered into the race. Equipped with the 550 bhp of the production vehicle, an aerokit and sports air suspension module, TECHART achieved the winning time of 1:16.939 for the first time in the heavyweight class. The necessary grip was ensured by the Michelin Diamaris sport tires fitted on 22 inch TECHART Formula rims.

With the victories also racked up this year, TECHART is underscoring its outstanding position in the automotive individualization sector.

Attachments

• trackshot_use.jpg
    trackshot_use.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 25
Impressive, domination in fact... .6 and 3 seconds, what are the other tuners doing, bloody miles off!! Either that or they have shit drivers in their cars, as Hardt is quick in a Porsche..!

Congratulations TA!

When it comes to competition I don't have a list of who is competing, but I would presume that many tuners don't spend the time
and money to go. I'm sure it's great for marketing however.

I know Ruf don't go becasue they consider themselves to be a car manufacturer rather than a tuner.

Congratulations TA!

When it comes to competition I don't have a list of who is competing, but I would presume that many tuners don't spend the time
and money to go. I'm sure it's great for marketing however.

I know Ruf don't go becasue they consider themselves to be a car manufacturer rather than a tuner.

Erik, the tuners competing included Cargraphic, that are well respected and partners of RS Tuning.

TECHART, like RUF are also a registered manufacturer, and are far more than a 'tuner' creating bespoke vehicles for the World market.

this thread is useless without more information :finger

Baf, just for you.......:D

GT, Turbo: 1.Platz TECHART Automobildesign GmbH Jörg Hardt 997 GT Street RS 1:08,037 1:07,709
GT, Turbo: 2.Platz Cargraphic Design GmbH Dominik Schwager 997 Turbo GT RSC 3.6 1:08,641 1:08,417
GT, Turbo: 3.Platz A-Workx GmbH Wolfgang Kaufmann Porsche 911 GT2 1:10,381 1:10,087
GT, Turbo: 4.Platz Importracing Alexander Wutzke Nissan GTR 1:10,924 1:10,510
GT, Turbo: 5.Platz ENCO GmbH Thomas Flügel Porsche GT2 1:11,452 1:10,769
GT, Turbo: 6.Platz Rothe Motersport Volker Wawer Porsche GT2 1:12,593 1:12,208

Erik, the tuners competing included Cargraphic, that are well respected and partners of RS Tuning.

TECHART, like RUF are also a registered manufacturer, and are far more than a 'tuner' creating bespoke vehicles for the World market.

techart and cargraphic are very well respected names as ruf and just because ruf did not attend(why?)does not imply they are better

gemballa and speedart at least showed up but seem to loose ground like ruf

Here's GT Street RS in case you haven't seen one before. Basically a 700bhp pimped 997GT2.

Banner600x140.jpg

banner_unten.jpg

MTM's 318bhp X-Bow was only a tenth behind it. :yeah:

113_1_b.jpg

0.127 of a second difference in best lap time. very close.

MTM - Motoren-Technik-Mayer GmbH
Florian Gruber
KTM X-Bow
Best Lap: 1:07,836

TECHART Automobildesign GmbH
Jörg Hardt
997 GT Street RS
Best Lap: 1:07,709

I was there , the cars from Techart and Cargraphic are pure Race Cars. Absolut nothing to do with an light modified GT2 or Turbo. The building costs are crazy, something like 300k + ;)

The GT2 from A-Workx just had KW Suspension and Akrapovic exhaust.......

But great result for techart, money rules :yeah:

I was impressed from the GT-R , the Car had only KW Competition Suspension and a Remap(ca 560bhp), the rest was absolut std.......

I was there , the cars from Techart and Cargraphic are pure Race Cars. Absolut nothing to do with an light modified GT2 or Turbo. The building costs are crazy, something like 300k + ;)

The GT2 from A-Workx just had KW Suspension and Akrapovic exhaust.......

But great result for techart, money rules :yeah:

I was impressed from the GT-R , the Car had only KW Competition Suspension and a Remap(ca 560bhp), the rest was absolut std.......

thks for info
might have popped over knowing you there--thought you were ringfenced?how are the endless going?

0.127 of a second difference in best lap time. very close.

MTM - Motoren-Technik-Mayer GmbH
Florian Gruber
KTM X-Bow
Best Lap: 1:07,836

TECHART Automobildesign GmbH
Jörg Hardt
997 GT Street RS
Best Lap: 1:07,709

got you

Ktm X-Bow - 2,0TFSI 176 kW (240PS)
Ktm X-Bow links
» Price list
» Image gallery
» Press reports

With the X-Bow, KTM now presents a vision that has become reality, making the unique spirit of KTM and the racing feeling that has always been associated with it accessible to everyone, also on four wheels. MTM also focused here on the support of this lightweight sports car with technical know-how of the motorsport sector. MTM not only delivers powerful engines perfectly matched for racing conditions, but also provides excellent suspension and exhaust system components.

» mtm - Engine modifications

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The spectrum of our modifications and performance kits range from optimized reprogramming of the control electronics through to the complete conversion of the engine unit. Every engine modification and performance kit has been developed by mtm and thoroughly tested for reliability in road and racing use. Engine durability is not sacrificed over the standard levels.

Basic performance mtm - performance Price
2,0TFSI 176 kW (240PS) KTM X-Bow conversion kit 272 hp (200kW) incl metal
catalyst 3090,00 EUR » Details
2,0TFSI 176 kW (240PS) KTM X-Bow conversion kit 318hp (234kW) incl. mtm
turbokit with exhaust manifold; fuel injetors, cat 7399,00 EUR » Details

» mtm - Exhaust systems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mtm exhaust systems are developed and tested to achieve the maximum flow-rate and efficiency while at the same time keeping within exhaust emissions levels, a solution that fascinates with its manufacturing quality, design, function and sound. Exhaust systems from mtm represent innovative exhaust technology, handmade to perfection, handmade to perfection in high quality polished stainless steel to ensure durability.

Basic performance mtm - performance Price
2,0TFSI 176 kW (240PS) mtm rear silencer KTM X-Bow 4-pipe with throttle 3549,00 EUR » Details

Here's GT Street RS in case you haven't seen one before. Basically a 700bhp pimped 997GT2.

Banner600x140.jpg

banner_unten.jpg

MTM's 318bhp X-Bow was only a tenth behind it. :yeah:

113_1_b.jpg

that is impressive from the x-bow:yeah:

i saw the car a lot last year, as Reiter were developing it during private testing that I was present with our Gallardo, and they ran a couple in GT4 class of FIAGT circus.
The car appeared to be very capable chassis wise, but lacked the power, it appears MTM have resolved that, as I heard some early tuned versions (not directed at MTM) had a number of engine failures due to being overstressed
This car appears to be a HP bargain !

Baf, just for you.......:D

GT, Turbo: 1.Platz TECHART Automobildesign GmbH Jörg Hardt 997 GT Street RS 1:08,037 1:07,709
GT, Turbo: 2.Platz Cargraphic Design GmbH Dominik Schwager 997 Turbo GT RSC 3.6 1:08,641 1:08,417
GT, Turbo: 3.Platz A-Workx GmbH Wolfgang Kaufmann Porsche 911 GT2 1:10,381 1:10,087
GT, Turbo: 4.Platz Importracing Alexander Wutzke Nissan GTR 1:10,924 1:10,510
GT, Turbo: 5.Platz ENCO GmbH Thomas Flügel Porsche GT2 1:11,452 1:10,769
GT, Turbo: 6.Platz Rothe Motersport Volker Wawer Porsche GT2 1:12,593 1:12,208

are the naturally aspirated cars in the same class ? theres none of them near the top :eek:
i remember a few years ago the na cargraphic car winning . seems to be turbos / gt2's now ?

that is impressive from the x-bow:yeah:

i saw the car a lot last year, as Reiter were developing it during private testing that I was present with our Gallardo, and they ran a couple in GT4 class of FIAGT circus.
The car appeared to be very capable chassis wise, but lacked the power, it appears MTM have resolved that, as I heard some early tuned versions (not directed at MTM) had a number of engine failures due to being overstressed. This car appears to be a HP bargain !

The X-bow uses the Audi/VW 2 litre TFSI engine (as used in numerous Audi's, Golf GTI's etc..) with a chargecooler rather than the usual intercooler it gets on front engined cars.

Turns out this chargecooler is a KTM part (everything else on the engine and gearbox is from Audi/VW) and that it has very little headroom for tuning. If it fails, it can release coolant into the engine which obviously isn't good. This is what happened to my car and a few others in the UK.

Fortunately Mark at Backdraft jumped into action and designed a much stronger, more efficient motorsport grade chargecooler.

With a K04 turbo and a few other upgraded ancillaries the cars are now running at 360bhp reliably.

are the naturally aspirated cars in the same class ? theres none of them near the top :eek:
i remember a few years ago the na cargraphic car winning . seems to be turbos / gt2's now ?

baf
look at my thread.this is really techart..........................

listed all the winners

Back