Small scratches in the paint

MariusL

Ring Warrior
After looking at the pictures from Damons jobb on the 997TT, I found similiar scratches on my GT3 (picture from the 997TT

IMG_6143-vi.jpg

As this is Norway, I will not get a pro to get the job done until March. Will there be any problem waiting until March to get the job done (The car will be in the garage the whole time)

Can I (as an amateur) fix these in an easy way without much work? :D

Thanks!

Hi Marius ;)

It is one of the problems that detailing awareness brings, you start to see things you never used to notice.

Ok...

Time won't be an issue. There isn't a 'setting' effect, as soon as a swirl/scratch is inflicted its permanent. So keep it in the garage for the winter and get it sorted in the Spring when temps are better.

Its extremely difficult to perform paint correction by hand, and you won't get the results that a machine polisher in skilled hands will produce.

The best thing you can do is minimise the infliction of these marks. I will be posting a care guide later tonight that will show you how to avoid making the situation worse. It will be particularly important once a detailer has sorted the car for you.

Hope this helps, feel free to keep the questions coming :tu

Damon

Back