Single Phase, 2 Post Lift.

Lord Gobby

King Kong
Can anyone point me in the right direction on these??

Is the difference between single & 3 phase the torque in the motor that runs it?

Is the difference between single & 3 phase the torque in the motor that runs it?

If you like I can put you in touch with the guy who supplies all our lifts, he should be able to advise what you need.

Have a look around mate,but don't do anything until we have had a chat!
Single or 240 volt (domestic supply) or three phase 415 volts (industrial supply) , is the power supply, do you have 3 phase at yours ? if not, and you could only get a 3 phase unit, you can use a phase converter to turn your single phase supply into 3 phase one for the post lift.

Have a look around mate,but don't do anything until we have had a chat!
Single or 240 volt (domestic supply) or three phase 415 volts (industrial supply) , is the power supply, do you have 3 phase at yours ? if not, and you could only get a 3 phase unit, you can use a phase converter to turn your single phase supply into 3 phase one for the post lift.

Single... Will bell u in the morning.

Funny thing is Duncan. Gav is fatter than me... So fat and ginger..
You gotta feel sorry for him..

Oh by the way, he has changed his name to Gav Schumacher...

Now that IS the funniest thing I`ve heard all year.

Serious question mate, when`s the last time you saw your feet?

Go for a single phase lift if that's what you've got, not worth the hassle or expense of using a converter(unless your lifting trucks)

I used to have one of these Clarke Strong Arm scissor lifts. It was brilliant, 240 volt, on wheels. It was like the ultimate trolley jack. I built a race car on one in my garden under an awning :tu
mY6cBwPixAbg71HdWapAp6g.jpg
I tried to find one on ebay and google for you, but seem to be like rocking horse droppings...

I used to have one of these Clarke Strong Arm scissor lifts. It was brilliant, 240 volt, on wheels. It was like the ultimate trolley jack. I built a race car on one in my garden under an awning :tu
View attachment 31790
I tried to find one on ebay and google for you, but seem to be like rocking horse droppings...

Thanks Mark, but I don't want it for working on cars, I want it for storage purposes, one car up in the air with one underneath...

Hence a 2 post..

Thanks Mark, but I don't want it for working on cars, I want it for storage purposes, one car up in the air with one underneath...

Hence a 2 post..

I've been thinking of doing the same Danny, I have a load of unused headroom in the garage. But I'm a bit worried that storing a car off its wheels for long periods could be an issue?

Is it better to have a 4-post lift with ramps to let the car sit on its wheels & suspension rather than leave the weight of the car sitting on its jacking points..? :dontknow:

Discuss.

Hence a 2 post..

the height will always be the problem...unless you have an outbuilding or similar with around 10' or 11' ceiling/headroom....

Back