Ride on Mower advice please

Chris

Odin, Father of the North
Now that I have a garden, about 0.6 acre i need to get one of them there ride on mowers...

Only cos it is taking me 2.5 hrs with the walky one...I know I need the exercise, but the grass in France grows so fast...

Wanted a 36" or something that picks up the grass, unless the mulching cutters are any good..

I'd prefer to get a good quality, like John Deere, Honda....etc....

But what's your thoughts, anyone got a cheap but good mower, they would recomend..

I have a westwood, its a bit big if you have trees and things to go around, but you get a knack after a few goes, It doesnt break as long as you remeber to put oil in it :shame:
So I guess its is pretty good.

Get a Stiga mulching mower - will go round tree's ect. If you go for one that collects the grass with that size of lawn you'll end up with the biggest compost heap ever.

I had a Stiga and when I moved I sold it with the house like a twat. I now need to buy another:wall

P

Honda - PLEASE BUY ONE !

I bought a Countax and it is completely SHIT - do NOT buy one ever (but you can have mine for £900 (it was 3.2k a year ago !!) if you're really desperate !!!):shame:

Get a Stiga mulching mower - will go round tree's ect. If you go for one that collects the grass with that size of lawn you'll end up with the biggest compost heap ever.

P

Dito - Stiga :tu - we have loads of grass to cut around the office and ours has never let us down

have a Honda rotary mower and 15 years old and runs perfectly.

Picks up all grass and spares still available

I believe this is what Jessica Wabbit does for a living--import & sell equipment for ground maintenance ? Call her

Allan

I believe this is what Jessica Wabbit does for a living--import & sell equipment for ground maintenance ? Call her

Allan

Should I google Jessica Wabbit....or do you have any contact details chap

Are the Mulchers any good, doesn't it clog the lawn ?

Mulcher is the way to go unless your looking for the bowling green look - in wich case no ride on will do you need a cylinder jobby

I have tried every type of pick-up box there is - all are tat ! on a large area picking up clippings is just too big a job to consider

If you mow resonably regular with the mulcher head you see no clippings to speak of

Get a front deck as you can cut up to trees etc very tidy

Hire someone to do it. Thats what we do. £30 once every week or every other depending on the growth... He brings his own mower.. Theres alot of lawn as well. + he trims the edges. :P

Had a John Deere LT166 ride on when we had 1.5 acre paddock. It mulched very well, but you had to stay on top during the growing season (end apr to jul). 42 inches would be more than enough. Agree Stiga are amongst the best and often have out front cutters which are probably the most efficient. Look a bit gay thou'

Back