Red Bull drink lifts stroke risk: Australian study

Come to Liquid Envy in Redhill tonight!! Im working, hopefully on bar what with it being saturday. Drinks are £1 each before midnight. So double vodka and redbull costs £2 (50p for each shot of vodka and £1 for the redbull). Get totally plastered in no time and not spend much doing so!!

Argh, bargin !
Im saving myself for tomorrow.
(meaning I slacked off this week and have loads of work to catch up on :alright: )

Simvastatin is the dog's doo-dah's! My cholesterol is 4.1 and you've got to see the crap I eat :rofl:

Majority of your cholesterol is produced by your own body....... diet makes around 1-1.5 mmol/l difference.

Simvastatin and similar HMG CoA reductase inhibitors just stops your liver producing it :alright:

Majority of your cholesterol is produced by your own body....... diet makes around 1-1.5 mmol/l difference.

Simvastatin and similar HMG CoA reductase inhibitors just stops your liver producing it :alright:

What causes the muscle aching and general soreness in your hands and limbs......

I stopped taking mine after I could hardly hold the spanners to work on my boys karts :eek:

What causes the muscle aching and general soreness in your hands and limbs......

I stopped taking mine after I could hardly hold the spanners to work on my boys karts :eek:

Its complicated, but a common(ish) symptom occring in up to 20% of people on higher doses.

Attachments

• 1FF1.jpg
    1FF1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 9
Its complicated, but a common(ish) symptom occring in up to 20% of people on higher doses.

Are there any other ways around it, I've tried Lipitor (atorvastatin) and Simvastatin both caused serious problems with my shoulders, arms and hands, this gradually became worse over a 3 month period each time untill I had to stop taking them, not sure what needs to be done next :dontknow:

I read a web article by a USA doctor which basically said that the drug reps recommend the dose to doctors (guess how high they want them to prescribe) - reducing the dose progressively can reduce the side effects and still reduce the cholesterol to acceptable limits.

Are there any other ways around it, I've tried Lipitor (atorvastatin) and Simvastatin both caused serious problems with my shoulders, arms and hands, this gradually became worse over a 3 month period each time untill I had to stop taking them, not sure what needs to be done next :dontknow:

Use an alternative cholesterol lowering medication ie not a statin - perhaps a fibrate, but I admit I'm not a cholesterol expert TBH.

I read a web article by a USA doctor which basically said that the drug reps recommend the dose to doctors (guess how high they want them to prescribe) - reducing the dose progressively can reduce the side effects and still reduce the cholesterol to acceptable limits.

:wall

Fantastic bit of advice that Steve :out

Argh, bargin !
Im saving myself for tomorrow.
(meaning I slacked off this week and have loads of work to catch up on :alright: )

Alright, come in tomorrow then! Im working tomorrow. Same prices on drinks!! Until midnight, then double vodka/redbull is a bit, around £5 I think, but you will be so plastered by then that you wont need many more by then and wont care anyway!!!

Actually it was a fantastic bit of advice.

Drug companies SELL drugs - it is in their interest to PUSH high doses which MAY not suit everyone.

The amount of a drug required to produce a result varies from individual to individual - we are NOT all the same! (for example - I have NO effects from statins!)

So gradually reducing the dose (and measuring the effect) till you get NO after effects but a REAL benefit is A GOOD THING.

:yeah:

Last edited:
Back