Raw Fishtastico!

damian said:
So what about the mercury levels in fish? Why are pregnant women told to avoid eating fish and shellfish more than twice a week?

You said beef - I said learn about how beef is processed ;)

Preganant women are told to avoid seafood because of the concern regarding dehydration should they get bad food poisoning (which is obviously very easy to get from bad seafood or when it's impropely cooked). It has nothing to do with 'mercury' levels

As for sushi - it has to be fast frozen to kill any bacteria by law - so I'm less worried about eating good sushi than I am manky meat (also bad meat is harder to taste - seafood you can tell almost immediately....)

I promise you Damian, if you came out for food with Mosi and I, we'd find some sushi you loved - also, you'd have to 2nd mortgage your house :rolleyes: ;)

nomis said:
You said beef - I said learn about how beef is processed ;)

Preganant women are told to avoid seafood because of the concern regarding dehydration should they get bad food poisoning (which is obviously very easy to get from bad seafood or when it's impropely cooked). It has nothing to do with 'mercury' levels

As for sushi - it has to be fast frozen to kill any bacteria by law - so I'm less worried about eating good sushi than I am manky meat (also bad meat is harder to taste - seafood you can tell almost immediately....)

I promise you Damian, if you came out for food with Mosi and I, we'd find some sushi you loved - also, you'd have to 2nd mortgage your house :rolleyes: ;)

I'm willing to take you up on that offer.....sort of ;)

As regards pregnant women and fish, I was quoting the advise given in litigious California to my step daughter. It was the Surgeon General who told me :D[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

damian said:
I'm willing to take you up on that offer.....sort of ;)

As regards pregnant women and fish, I was quoting the advise given in litigious California to my step daughter. It was the Surgeon General who told me :D[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

...bloody Americans! :out ;)

Back