Radical Rental for Glenda and Rob!

AF

Banned
Ah ok, you want to rent one. You will be in for a shock, but the rental cost from RPM Motorsport is £4000 for a 996 and £5000 for a 997 for the day +vat.

Also if you want insurance for £20000 cover, £5000 excess, costs £750 or for £30000 cover, £5000 excess, costs £900.

You then have the track day and instruction cost on top.

I think I could get about £500 off for you having a racing license and you two sharing would be fine, just split the costs.

Although, JWA rent their 997 RSR out for £6000 an hour :eek:

You both have great track day cars already (997 RS and 430 Scud soon), those are more then good enough.

There are a few guys on this forum who own cup cars, they might consider renting them out?

Why not use a Radical Sean, had one at Brands today with 2 seats, cheaper, quick and very forgiving, just rig the helmets for radio

A

Why not use a Radical Sean, had one at Brands today with 2 seats, cheaper, quick and very forgiving, just rig the helmets for radio

A

They are very good for tuition in and really nice cars to drive, did you enjoy it? Rob wanted a go in a cup car though! I have recently added the 997 GT3 and Cayman road cars to the list of cars to rent.

Intercom's are great, I suppy and use the Stilo helmet systems for all the instructing I do now, much easier and a nicer way of communicating when going round the track!

How do these prices compare to the cost you spent today? The Radical's are from RPM motorsport who you know well I am sure.

Radical SR8 2600 Supersport £4,500
Radical SR3 1500 Supersport £2,500
Porsche 997 GT3 £2,500
Radical SR3 1300 Supersport £2,000
Palmer JP1 RS £1,698
Porsche Cayman £not known yet
Radical SR4 1200 Clubsport £1,500

No Sean I was not in the Radical, was to busy in the Elise, meant there was one "at" Brands today with 2 seats. But, I have driven an SR3 at Donnington, great car to learn race craft in, in my opinion, obvioulsy with the right instructor alongside...

Got a feeling that is what Rob is incling towards, maybe hire one at a proper test day rather than a track day....

A

No Sean I was not in the Radical, was to busy in the Elise, meant there was one "at" Brands today with 2 seats. But, I have driven an SR3 at Donnington, great car to learn race craft in, in my opinion, obvioulsy with the right instructor alongside...

Got a feeling that is what Rob is incling towards, maybe hire one at a proper test day rather than a track day....

A

Ah, ok. Yes, they are great, as you can do so much wrong in them with the downforce and grip, it makes it the perfect car to instruct in really. The faster you go, the more downforce/grip you get :D

Well, with Gold Track session two, its basically a test day now anyway, 90% are race cars!:)

Ah, ok. Yes, they are great, as you can do so much wrong in them with the downforce and grip, it makes it the perfect car to instruct in really. The faster you go, the more downforce/grip you get :D

Well, with Gold Track session two, its basically a test day now anyway, 90% are race cars!:)

I hear you, just thought since both Glenn and Rob wanna go racing it might be a better deal to get them into a Radical, as you said, "Its one race car that sends you an e-mail when its gonna oversteer" and I think from my 2 years running Team O a proper slick shod Cup car is to bigger step, just my opinion.

Feeling heaps of grip (Radical) would be a far better bet, and you can get more laps and learn more for your £ ....

A

I agree, the Radical SR3 is a fantastic car to learn in as it provides good track speed and performance from a very safe operating platform offering lots of feel and time to correct driver inputs :thumbup:

Come to think of it, I've got just the right Radical for them to buy or hire ;) :D

Would you be happy to let someone else drive your car Dave? I am always a bit nervous about letting people drive mine.

Would you be happy to let someone else drive your car Dave? I am always a bit nervous about letting people drive mine.

I know what you mean, if you let a friend drive your car with little track experience and/or no trackday insurance it is a very big risk to take :eek:

But if it was a more commercial arrangement as in they were hiring the car and were experienced drivers with the appropriate amount of insurance cover and an agreed deposit to cover the policy excess then it wouldn't worry me. The only issue then would be that they drive the car with the correct amount of mechanical sympathy/understanding.

For example with a motorbike engined car you do not change down and use the engine as braking like you might in a normal car, instead you're flat out until you hit the brakes hard and then click the correct number of gears to match your speed prior to picking up the throttle again :D

Radicals are cool :yeah:

Back