PureGT Sunday 12th October Karting Event

daved6

Boy Racer
We are currently looking to hire the Matchams Park karting circuit on Sunday 12th October, this is located near Hurn Airport near Ringwood for our exclusive use on a Sunday so that we can run a full days race meeting using our Rotax Max karts on an arrive & drive basis.

This event would be able to cater for numbers of 20 or so drivers and would be open to all including non licence holders. The circuit will be providing all their own marshalls, race controller and lap scorers and we will provide all the equipment and mechanics to control the pits and grid area.

The format for the day will be;

2 x 8 laps practice session
3 x 10 lap qualifying heats
2 x 12 lap semi-finals
1 x 15 lap final

Depending on the final numbers, the grid size would be between 6 to 9 drivers per heat and between 10 and 12 for the finals.

Normal format of trophies and champagne for the top 3 drivers in the final and maybe a 4 or 5 round championship could follow if the first meeting is a success :tu

Dependant on final numbers and a bit of a discussion with the circuit owners the cost will work out between £300 and £350 per driver.

If the day runs smoothly, bearing in mind that we will have the whole day to ourselves we might be able to increase the number of laps per race or add an extra block of heats in as we have the circuit to race on between 10.00am and 16.00pm.

We will try and ballast people according to their weight but I don't want this to consume to much time, so we will cater for 3 classes, light, medium and heavy and just allocate people a suitable kart ;)

Let me know what your views are and possible interest and I will try and make it happen :)

Last edited:
Do you have 10 Karts the same Dave with 10 engines the same?

chalkie, we currently have 13 rotax max karts, 10 of these are all Gillards chassis with senior max engines, including one of your engines as well I believe ;)

Bearing in mind the weight issue will cause a large difference in performance anyway, having identical karts won't be the problem, we will need to offer 3 levels of performance to match the drivers against each of these group of karts.

Last edited:
How many people get eliminated at each round?

Dan, everyone is guaranteed to drive the practice session + 3No heats + the semi-finals, we will the run a full grid of karts for the grand final, hopefully this will be the top 15 drivers if we can keep all the karts running (subject to the amount of damage)

I'm hoping that the day will go smoothly and we can offer 4No heats so that the minimum every one will get is one practice session and 5 races :tu

Dan, everyone is guaranteed to drive the practice session + 3No heats + the semi-finals, we will the run a full grid of karts for the grand final, hopefully this will be the top 15 drivers if we can keep all the karts running (subject to the amount of damage)

I'm hoping that the day will go smoothly and we can offer 4No heats so that the minimum every one will get is one practice session and 5 races :tu

Sounds good. Is Ringwood essex?!?!?

Here's a link to the circuit map and some on board video footage

http://www.matchamskarting.co.uk/content/circuitmap/

We will be using the full length race circuit rather than the short corporate circuit shown, don't take any notice of the crappy old 5 hp four stroke corporate karts, we will be providing full spec Gillard racing karts with 28 hp rotax max 2-stroke racing engines for you all to have some real fun with :yeah:

Back