Price Update - Endless Brake Pads-Do they do what they say they do on the tin ?

Backdraft

Boy Racer
The answer is a very surprising YES :tu

In September, as a few already know, we competed the Gallardo GT3 car in the Barcelona 24 hour. The race cars are GT3 2006/2008 homologation cars. During this period rules on keeping original equipment calipers were very strict. It's all changed now and most GT3 cars run purpose built 'racing' calipers. Endurance calipers are extra wide which allows for a much thicker brake pad. They are usually designed so pads can be changed very quickly. However, our cars have standard road calipers and thin pads. They are also pretty tricky to change.
Endless is a name that gets batted around quite a bit these days. They are already well seasoned in racing but their sales pitch is too good to be true and they are too expensive not to work. We modified the Lamborghini pins to make changes as efficient as possible and looked at dry brake couplings to swap the whole caliper instead. The cars had been running on RS29's and PF discs. Pads would last about 2x 2 hour races and discs around 2 pad sets.
Endless claim that their pads will last much longer and critically do not wear discs as quickly AND brake better than the Pagid. Well we had a problem and this looked like our best chance. At over £2k for a car set they weren't in budget to just try. So we took a punt...
Instantly the braking performance was about 20% up on the Pagids. Barcelona is a serious braking circuit and the Lamborghini rotated on average around the 2 minute mark. We did qualifying and night testing on the same pads set and changed the fronts half way through the race as a precaution. According to the drivers the preformance and feel of the brakes didn't change throughout the 24 hour race!
5JEN_9581.jpg

Back home now and after inspecting the discs, they are good to carry on for many more races yet. The front pads set that was changed half way through, was about 60% worn. The 2nd set of fronts are around 40% worn and the rears, which did the whole race are about 70 % worn. That is truly amazing IMO.
Back to reality now and we are looking to introduce the Endless product to our fast road and track customers. The race side is already converted and I don't imagine another race car will turn out of our workshop on anything else.
Endless have a pad called the MX72 and we are trialing the pad on our Boxster Spyder. Pads will be on for the 3rd December Sillyness and we can all see for ourselves what the benefits may or may not be. The Porsche is a bit under braked at the moment even running the RS29's. Brake upgrades are expensive and we are hoping we can increase performance with the existing set up and reduce disc wear. A full car set for the Boxster works out at just over £600 plus vat.
turp_0902_45_z+2003_2009_nissan_350z_performance_parts_guide+endless_mx_72.jpg

I've used them on a 997 Cup for many years - and now on my 964RS road/track car - they're fab, last for ages and are kind to discs - though not technically entirely 'endless' :)

On the RS I currently have the ME20's - and if they ever wear down I have a set of MA45B's ready to go on. On the race car we used the harder ones of course.

I've used them on a 997 Cup for many years - and now on my 964RS road/track car - they're fab, last for ages and are kind to discs - though not technically entirely 'endless' :)

The business model for a supply and fitting centre like ours isn't great because we just won't see the cars as often for brake pads and discs. We just have to move forward with technology and offer our customers the best product for them. Hopefully they will come back to have other stuff done with the money they have saved :tu
Endless is a great name, as you say, isn't 100% true, but pretty close...

DAMMIT didn't know you sold PF!
Guess what Ive just ordered! In fairness I did order it from another PGT supplier (track club).

Will keep you in mind for next time.

I bet endless pads would be endless in my ickle megane.

I first saw Endless on Olav Manthey's own GT3 and I asked what those blue pads were. Very impressed with them so far. No problems anymore l;eaving on trip to Italy and doing 4-5 track days and still making it home on same pads. Well worth the money

Tom

What are they like for brake dust...?? Are they better or same as pagids...??

This is the reply I got from Endless Karl...
Hi Mark,
I am not sure about RS29 to be honest but from my experience MX72 does not dust that much.
On the test data it got a 8 out of 10, where 10 is the lowest dust level, which is pretty good from a dyno run.
I am confident it won’t be a problem.
We choose MX72 because it is a street/track pad so noise levels and dust are reduced compared to the Race compounds.
Having said that the pad is that good you could do sprint races with it no problem. It’s a fantastic all-rounder.

The price is not great - but if they last 2, 3 or 4 times longer (and in my experience they do) then realistically you can expect 2, 3 or 4 times the price!

Back