Porsche arrives in Detroit Show

That could be said about a lot of championships, UK Carrera Cup being one !

Hardly any pro's in that series though, in fact I don't think any of them are getting paid these days? Harvey will get income but via his own sponsors. GT1 most of the drivers are paid by the teams!

I'm loving the rear deck. Mounted fan too, lovely historic nod back to the 917.

Looks awesome I have to say, really looking forward to racing it in the future!!! I guess it's the next GT2 car being called the RSR!

Fantastic looking bit of kit. If it looks anything like those renderings it'll be great. Good to see Porsche exploring new concepts again.

Watching those at Le Mans would be good. Long overdue for Porsche to dish out some whoop ass at Le Mans - put the Audi posers in their proper place down the pecking order.

Totally love it:yeah:

New direction for Porsche, and it looks a great way to be heading. This is going to be mega against the 458 et al.

Fantastic looking bit of kit. If it looks anything like those renderings it'll be great. Good to see Porsche exploring new concepts again.

Watching those at Le Mans would be good. Long overdue for Porsche to dish out some whoop ass at Le Mans - put the Audi posers in their proper place down the pecking order.

It would make sense for it to be a GT2 compliant car... but I don't think this is likely.

Needs to be based on production car.... and either this replaces the 911 or Porsche will not have its flagship race against the 458s and Gallardos....

I love the flywheel accumulator technology; developed with Williams F1 IIRC...36,000rpm flywheel able to generate 150kW for 8 seconds is pretty mad! From memory, the flywheel isn't that heavy either, relying on speed (36000rpm) rather than mass to store the energy which, given my basic understanding of E=MC2 would make sense...

Sorry is this car in addition to the 917?

What is the anticipated price range - is this in same slot as 458 or hyper car(cgt replacement)?

Looks amazing

Cheers

Back