Porsche 997 GT3RS detailed

jk83

Boy Racer
After having to cancel one GT3RS on Thursday due to the weather (again!), this job was able to go ahead as I and the car were nice and dry and warm inside the garage while it was raining sideways outside for most of the day!

Usual wash process of wheels with acid free cleaner, Pre foam and pressure rinse (remember don't just rinse the foam off.. you are actually wanting to pressure rinse off as much dirt as possible), Shampoo and Dry.

Extra time were spent on the wheels and arches removing rubber and tar deposits from track days.

Once inside the car was clayed, polished and protected. Wheels were sealed with blackfire high temp metal sealant and tyres were dressed with blackfire tyre gel.

About 10 hrs work all in but the car was looking spectacular for a 3 year old track tool.

Thanks for looking..and many thanks again to the owner for the soup and regular cups of tea :)

KensPorsche997GT3RS-01.jpg

KensPorsche997GT3RS-02.jpg

KensPorsche997GT3RS-03.jpg

KensPorsche997GT3RS-04.jpg

KensPorsche997GT3RS-05.jpg

KensPorsche997GT3RS-06.jpg

KensPorsche997GT3RS-07.jpg

KensPorsche997GT3RS-08.jpg

KensPorsche997GT3RS-09.jpg

Thanks Nathan, a super job, it's not been that clean since Damon did it nearly three years ago, looks like new now.

Also a big thanks to Nick for replacing some of the film. The new film on the bonnet is a fabulous job with all the edges covered.

Congrats Ken and Bink on the deal, and to nathan on the job.

I remember taking this photo...at the time the pic was an internet hit and I was the first detailer to do 3 of these new cars....

CRW_9869-vi.jpg

I then did a 4th a shortly after at Cardiff OPC and was ahead of the game at that point.....happier days...

IMG_0757-vi.jpg

Yep at the time approx a half mill of cars.

Loving the XFR. Went out in the R recently and thought it great.

Would you like the hi-res of this Ken?

I can crop it more central and match the PS of the drivers window with the rest of the BW grass

ken997gt3rsbw2-vi.jpg

hehe not yet brady, have been keeping them all in suspense. :D

And dont you think about ruining the surprise :finger :bat:

Actually folks, just wondering with the car being so low, any worries on the swift ferry at Holyhead?

Should I ask to stay on the flat or anything?

hehe not yet brady, have been keeping them all in suspense. :D

And dont you think about ruining the surprise :finger :bat:

Actually folks, just wondering with the car being so low, any worries on the swift ferry at Holyhead?

Should I ask to stay on the flat or anything?

You will be fine. 996 Mk1 is the worst of the lot due to the long overhang and it has managed fine. Just take your time, getting on and off where there are little dips, oh and dont forget the lovely ramps in the port.

Back