Porsche 997 GT3.2 detailed

jk83

Boy Racer
A quick trip over to Northampton on Tuesday to detail this brand new GT Silver GT3. The car was booked in for a new car protection detail so once the car was washed the paint was carefully checked for defects. As usual with new Porsche's the paint was very good with just a few small areas showing buffer trails and minor swirling.

Small bits of blue tape reminding me where the defects are.
PetersPorsche997GT3-01.jpg

Then the first of 3 layers of protection were applied. The first was blackfire paint sealant applied by DA machine
PetersPorsche997GT3-08.jpg

While that was curing on the car the wheels were sealed with blackfire metal sealant

on the face...
PetersPorsche997GT3-09.jpg

and on the inner rim (had to roll the car forwards and back to get round the massive callipers)...
PetersPorsche997GT3-10.jpg

The tyres were dressed with blackfire long life tyre gel...
PetersPorsche997GT3-11.jpg

The sealant was then buffed off and left for an hour or so while I washed another car ready for a full correction detail next Friday. Then applied the 1st layer of Zymol Vintage wax. Wheel sealant was buffed off and interior cleaned. Then the 1st layer was removed and a 2nd applied about 40 mins later and buffed right at the end of the day after packing everything away.

Total working time... about 9 hours.

PetersPorsche997GT3-12.jpg

PetersPorsche997GT3-13.jpg

PetersPorsche997GT3-14.jpg

PetersPorsche997GT3-15.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Is that the same car that was in the Towcester showroom on Monday?
If so I thought the colour really suited the car, surprised me a bit.

probably. It was from silverstone dealers and was collected on tuesday. I thought the colour looked better in the flesh than it has come up in the photos.

Back