Porsche 996 GT3RS

Damon

King Kong
One of my favourite cars, the Porsche 996 GT3RS, real Surgeon's knife of a track car.

Appropriately this one is used properly. Lots of negative camber, Cup tyres, Performance Friction race brake pads, full cage, intercom system and data logger.

And as a consequence it looks like this....

IMG_9307-vi.jpg

IMG_9464-vi.jpg

IMG_9465-vi.jpg

IMG_9466-vi.jpg

IMG_9468-vi.jpg

This detail was never going to be about a 100% restoration.

The sheer amount of rubber strike, brake dust and insects that have hit the car at serious speeds and temps meant the day would mostly be spent removing bonded on contaminants.

The wheels were washed using P21s Wheel Cleaner, arches with Megs APC then Megs Body Solvent on the lower panels. Jet washed off then washed.

All of the rubber marks were removed using Megs Tar and Bug Remover. This took an hour!

The car was already looking better but once I started claybaring it the real extent of the detail became apparent.

IMG_9471-vi.jpg

IMG_9469-vi.jpg

A good 1.5 hour later the car was read for finishing.

Paint correction was not required as its a track toy and white.

So finishing was Klasse All-in-one on Sonus DAS White pad then 3 coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze.

The wheels polishing with Autosol, plastics finished with Swissvax Pneu, glass RainX treated.

Finished car

IMG_9486-vi.jpg

IMG_9490-vi.jpg

IMG_9528-vi.jpg

IMG_9544-vi.jpg

IMG_9519-vi.jpg

IMG_9492-vi.jpg

IMG_9494-vi.jpg

IMG_9532-vi.jpg

IMG_9518-vi.jpg

IMG_9547-vi.jpg

IMG_9548-vi.jpg

IMG_9550-vi.jpg

IMG_9553-vi.jpg

IMG_9498-vi.jpg

IMG_9542-vi.jpg

IMG_9545-vi.jpg

That sure was an epic task mate, well done that man......no wonder Ken wanted to pay somebody to clean it....lazy git:finger

Angus, I was telling Glenn yesterday how I feel bad for not getting to you yet. You are mow top of the list, will sort it this weekend.

Hey Ken, where's that front splitter???? :D

I got fed up of replacing them.

I'm not convinced that they make much difference.

Damon did a great job on the car, it's done 10k miles in the last year, apart from a trip to the ring, virtually all on track. I forgot how good it looks when is really clean.

Looking forward to getting it dirty at Silverstone on the 5th June (sorry Damon) but I'm going to try and give it a bit more TLC.

Angus, I was telling Glenn yesterday how I feel bad for not getting to you yet. You are mow top of the list, will sort it this weekend.

Pillow talk ? :D

Yeah great job on the RS.. White is a bastard eh ? Love that car they are surely an icon /classic already .

One of my favourite cars, the Porsche 996 GT3RS, real Surgeon's knife of a track car.

Appropriately this one is used properly. Lots of negative camber, Cup tyres, Performance Friction race brake pads, full cage, intercom system and data logger.

And as a consequence it looks like this....

well used not sure about that:finger

Cavanagh;93071 well used not sure about that:finger[/QUOTE said:
Cheeky bugger !:)

That will be hang bags at dawn ! or at least at the first corner at Rockingham

Back