Porsche 996/997 GT3/GT2 378mm performance brake conversion

hi i will post all the pices this afternoon with full breakdown and pics cheers mc............

What cost a 996 kit ?

is it DIY or with caliper and hub machining I guess N9 need the car in ?

my fronts are getting low so need doing soonish

Here are the prices for the 9m 378mm fully floating brakes.
the full kits have to be fitted by 9m for the first time and then they can diy maintained after if you want.
If you have a 997 with pccb and only want the front 9m brakes then they can be DIY but you must fit a rear iron on .
Once you have the kit the discs retail at £348 each and pads around £200 per set.if you want to put the car back to factory spec this can be diy.
On the 996 with 18 inch wheels the conversion fits all model gt3/gt2 original wheels and my Rays,if you have different wheels then I would have to try them on my car first to check the clearances.
Just to be totally clear my discs are 378mm front and rear fully floating.The rears have a removable inner handbrake drum,so it can be removed for race purposes only.

full kits consist of-
*4 378mm rotors
*4 alloy bells hard anodised
*4 fixing kits
*8 10.9 caliper bolts
front pads
rear pads
full set of anti-squeal shims
*2 front caliper spacers cnc machined alloy
*2 rear caliper spacers cnc machined alloy
*4 caliper mods
*4 wear limit sensors
*2 rear handbrake drums
fully fitted.

We also can offer a full caliper refurb in any colour with any logo at extra cost,prices vary according to caliper condition.

Front conversion 996(04-)/ 997 GT3/RS iron consisting of:

Discs,pads,shims,sensors and hardware

£2250+vat fitted

Front conversion 997 PCCB ceramic replacement

Discs,pads,shims,sensors and hardware

£2195+vat fitted

Front and rear 378mm conversion 996(04-)/ 997 GT3/RS iron

£4450+vat fitted

Front and rear 378mm conversion 997 PCCB ceramic replacement

£4320+vat fitted

Rear upgraded 350mm conversion 996(04-)GT3/RS iron

£750+vat fitted

Rear upgraded 350mm conversion 997 PCCB ceramic replacement

£800+vat fitted

Any further questions or information please do not hesitate to contact Marc,Peter or Colin.

Pictures of the rear brake setup

Attachments

• 24062010034.jpg
    24062010034.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 12
  • 24062010035.jpg
    24062010035.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 24062010036.jpg
    24062010036.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 14
All looks & sounds great but you would want to a serious player at £5230 @17.5% vat and £5340 @ 20% vat for a brake upgrade.

The oncost is reasonable depending on how long rotors last at £800+vat for 2 x front rotors with pads.

SErious players only need apply methinks

A

It will bring the braking bais forward which would suit me personally but may catch some drivers out. One potential problem is that the abs will trigger earlier, especially on cars with a lot of front camber unless you balance the upgrade with the rears as well which is a lot of money. I think that the best set up at the moment is the Alcon conversion by jzm. Definately better than the Brembo's on my 996. The increase in braking from the larger discs is noticable. On saying that, the brakes are already good as standard on the 996rs and the majority of drivers only go to Brembo or Alcon because the wear rate is far better. Would be interested in seeing what they are like

All looks & sounds great but you would want to a serious player at £5230 @17.5% vat and £5340 @ 20% vat for a brake upgrade.

The oncost is reasonable depending on how long rotors last at £800+vat for 2 x front rotors with pads.

SErious players only need apply methinks

A
This conversion is intended to be the ultimate brakes for 996 and 997and is designed to replace carbons and as we all know they cost the same as a small country.if you went with other discs and have a full brake relign it will set you back over the 3 grand mark but with inferior brake performance.just the front alcons fitted are around the 2 grand mark and they are only 362mm and the floating system is not as good as mine then you still have standard rears.the rear 378mm discs complete are more involved than the fronts hence the price.

Have you run the front conversion with standard rears on your test car Colin?

its marc.
yes we ran them on baffs 997 rs at oulton park in march on the rs track day. we had our 378mm at the front and standard 350 iron on the rear they were brilliant,we thought until we put the 378mm on the rear then oh my god they are truly epic as i found out this last weekend at the ring and spa with the lads..

Hi Marc.

They sound great on the 997. What worries me about the 996 is that it already has considerably more front brake bias than the 997. We had a lot of issues with the abs triggering on the 996rs which restricted the amount of front camber we could run. The ultimate limiting factor with braking performance is tyre grip and we ran out of tyre grip over braking grip with the Brembo's on a very sharp set up. I can certainly see how a 997 would benefit from the larger fronts as they redress the rearward bias issue of the car. Not sure about the 996 though. I think that the front conversion on it's own may be a step too far on a car with a sharp set up

Hi Marc.

They sound great on the 997. What worries me about the 996 is that it already has considerably more front brake bias than the 997. We had a lot of issues with the abs triggering on the 996rs which restricted the amount of front camber we could run. The ultimate limiting factor with braking performance is tyre grip and we ran out of tyre grip over braking grip with the Brembo's on a very sharp set up. I can certainly see how a 997 would benefit from the larger fronts as they redress the rearward bias issue of the car. Not sure about the 996 though. I think that the front conversion on it's own may be a step too far on a car with a sharp set up

hi steve your last quote about the front setup alone on the front of a 996 is correct.we would only fit our fronts to a 996 that had allready got 350mm rears on not the 330 as it does affect the bias of the car.the main point of my full conversion 378 front 378 rear is to get the best possible brakes on a 996 and the correct bias ,my 996 has got the full setup on it and they are amazing,remembering i have owned my car for over 6 years and ran it with irons and ceramics on so i can say that they really work. thanks marc....................................:yeah:

Cor I feel a lot better about what I pay for Alcons now!

you should have been out at spa , the brakes are eye popping . i have no qualms about getting a set of pccb's but i honestly felt these were better . wait till you feel the force :yeah:

Back